Finaly got 58*W bird but there a catch....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I had to alinge the arc in order to catch 58*W bird, which carry SKY Mexico feeds, but I loose my western arch which is very fustering and I had to go back to Macy bird 105*W and keep trying.:eek:

My gol, is to cover from 127*W to at least 43*W here in Albuquerque New Mexico with my 1.1 M, dish with a motor.

Thanks!!

Keep TV DXing going baby!!:bow

Nice! The most I can get to the east with my HH120 motor and 1.2m dish is 58w in Calif

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sounds like the dish elevation angle is slightly off of the required declination angle. Check that the motor bracket is not tweaked placing the motor tube out of alignment.

I agree. I realized today that on a previous elevation adjustment exercise, I had been slightly adjusting the "Latitude" elevation adjustment to peak my elevation for maximum received signal. That was why I never made good progress in getting the dish exactly on the arc across the full range desired. Recently, I instead adjusted the declination angle very slightly while receiving from a far eastern arc satellite. Magic happened. I can now motor a total azimuth range of 130 degrees from 8W to 121W and hit all 21 receivable satellites with linear tps in that range. Not only do I receive all satellites in that range, but I can receive them night and day at any time as long as the weather is reasonable; the signals don't disappear on me. And I can now benefit from doing a multi-satellite blind scan regularly to catch anything new and be confident the dish will hit each satellite as the motor moves across the arc.

It is not an easy task. I spent a whole day tweeking the BUD to get all the satellites on the arc from 55W to 139W. There are so many variables. Still some signals are not as strong as they could be with a fixed dish. One has to know exactly where their dish is pointed throughout the arc in order to improve the situation or one could easily tweek their dish in the wrong direction.

I had to alinge the arc in order to catch 58*W bird, which carry SKY Mexico feeds, but I loose my western arch which is very fustering and I had to go back to Macy bird 105*W and keep trying.:eek:

My gol, is to cover from 127*W to at least 43*W here in Albuquerque New Mexico with my 1.1 M, dish with a motor.

Thanks!!

Keep TV DXing going baby!!:bow
If you got 58.0W ku with 1.1 mts In New Mexico Is almost confirmed that the New signal of inteslat 21 is "moving like Snake" around of the south of EUA through the following states: (California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Luisiana, Alabama, Georgia and Florida)
Did you got all Tp's?

If you got 58.0W ku with 1.1 mts In New Mexico Is almost confirmed that the New signal of inteslat 21 is "moving like Snake" around of the south of EUA through the following states: (California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Luisiana, Alabama, Georgia and Florida)
Did you got all Tp's?

In socal u dont need a 1.1m to get sky.
With a 76cm u get all tps.

In the north of Georgia, you can get some, but not all TPs (many will fade in and out during the year), on a 90 cm. Probably a dish 1 m or larger would help up here.

Most of the sky installers buying dishes from us in Northern California are using 1.2m. Anything smaller in our area and they report TPs start dropping off.

Yes, Moving like "Snake"..Central and east of Texas 1.0 mts is enough but on the north you need at least 1.8 mts Offset

I manage to get 200 channels, but they are all scrambled except 5 promos channels in the clear and what I remembered the signal strenth was in 70% ranges, so to me this a strong bird.:)

Up and in HD too

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)