FIOS after a month

Forgive me if I confuse some of these channels because neither I or my family is heavily into sports. I know we get YES HD and I know it was really great looking because I didn't know what some of the channels were so I was just looking through them at first. MSG I do not believe we have in HD. I only see MSG, MSG2, MSG PLUS listed in the SD channel numbers.

We were the last little corner in our area to get FIOS. It was all around us for over a year.

I know that FIOS has a complaint filed with the FCC for violation of the loophole rule, against the Dolans and Cablevision for withholding the HD versions of the MSG channels. However it seems the FCC likes to drag their feet on this subject, and the Dolans must have some pretty good lobbyists.

Well its great you got access to FIOS; where I live on the island, verizon doesn't even offer dsl.

Forgive me if I confuse some of these channels because neither I or my family is heavily into sports. I know we get YES HD and I know it was really great looking because I didn't know what some of the channels were so I was just looking through them at first. MSG I do not believe we have in HD. I only see MSG, MSG2, MSG PLUS listed in the SD channel numbers.

Cablevision which owns MSC, MSG+ et al will not allow the HD signal to be broadcast on non-cablevision systems. To my knowledge the only system that has MSG HD broadcasts is Cablevision. I know Dish does not have access to MSG HD.:mad:

Cablevision which owns MSC, MSG+ et al will not allow the HD signal to be broadcast on non-cablevision systems. To my knowledge the only system that has MSG HD broadcasts is Cablevision. I know Dish does not have access to MSG HD.:mad:

Time Warner has access to the HD Broadcasts (MSG-HD, MSG+ HD and MSG-Buffalo)and Directv has the HD version of MSG for the Buffalo Area and Buffalo Sabres Hockey Games.

I missed a great Tivo deal this AM!
Get a TiVo Premiere DVR for $147 shipped | The Cheapskate - CNET News
I should check my home emails more often I guess. I did see the other offer they mention that is on the Tivo homepage. You can get a tivo if you sign up for $20 per month for two years. The page I originally read the offer on said you would continue to pay the $20 per month after that commitment time as well which means you would be paying too much simply to not pay for it up front.
I just scored a Tivo Premiere for $148 shipped. Try this thread: Tivo Premiere for $149 and XL for $299 - TiVo Community and use codes LSDA0914 or LSDA0902. I will return my TivoHD to Costco (unopened) when it arrives.

I just scored a Tivo Premiere for $148 shipped. Try this thread: Tivo Premiere for $149 and XL for $299 - TiVo Community and use codes LSDA0914 or LSDA0902. I will return my TivoHD to Costco (unopened) when it arrives.

That site changes the price so fast you cant keep up with it! You know that old saying about "he who hesitates" ..... well I hesitated when the total for the premier XL was $274..... duh!!! I thought it must be a mistake and went to look it up to be sure it was the right one and lost the price. At that point the premier was $199 with the code.

That site changes the price so fast you cant keep up with it! You know that old saying about "he who hesitates" ..... well I hesitated when the total for the premier XL was $274..... duh!!! I thought it must be a mistake and went to look it up to be sure it was the right one and lost the price. At that point the premier was $199 with the code.
Sorry to hear that...you're not having much luck with these "guess what I found sales". My order went through, and I received an order number, but we'll see if they ship or cancel the order.

The one thing I have against FIOS is that they have stopped expanding in the Buffalo area where they are going to offer it. Then they run all these ads everywhere saying to get FIOS. Well, maybe I would but I can't because I live in a heavily populated area that Verizon has deemed isn't worthy of FIOS. :rant:

Anyway, glad to hear you like it. I am upgrading to Dish HD today so I am sticking around with them for awhile.

Ok.. Here is what I did. In that same thread someone mentioned Best Buy had a deal if you purchased any size HD tv. We have a little 15" EDTV (remember those!) in the kitchen that we knew we wanted to replace with a 22. So I bought a 22" tv for the kitchen for $199 which gave me the tivo premier for $99 plus 3 months free tivo service. I had $90 in reward certificates so it worked out well.

The one thing I have against FIOS is that they have stopped expanding in the Buffalo area where they are going to offer it. Then they run all these ads everywhere saying to get FIOS. Well, maybe I would but I can't because I live in a heavily populated area that Verizon has deemed isn't worthy of FIOS. :rant:

Anyway, glad to hear you like it. I am upgrading to Dish HD today so I am sticking around with them for awhile.

I kept seeing those ads too and I knew all the surrounding areas... even two streets over... had fios but I was in this little pocket that they didnt hit until now. Not sure where in the area you are but they were still expanding pretty good when I saw the maps of the area. In the meantime... just enjoy what dish has to offer.

Ok.. Here is what I did. In that same thread someone mentioned Best Buy had a deal if you purchased any size HD tv. We have a little 15" EDTV (remember those!) in the kitchen that we knew we wanted to replace with a 22. So I bought a 22" tv for the kitchen for $199 which gave me the tivo premier for $99 plus 3 months free tivo service. I had $90 in reward certificates so it worked out well.
That's quite deal...let us know how you like the Tivo. Oh, you may with to use the "Classic" Menu vice the Widescreen menu until Tivo works out the bugs with their software (I think the new menus use Flash and they had to disable a multiprocessor for stability). I'm not sure if this problem has been corrected yet, but Widescreen menus (however much better they may be) are too slow.

That's quite deal...let us know how you like the Tivo. Oh, you may with to use the "Classic" Menu vice the Widescreen menu until Tivo works out the bugs with their software (I think the new menus use Flash and they had to disable a multiprocessor for stability). I'm not sure if this problem has been corrected yet, but Widescreen menus (however much better they may be) are too slow.

Thanks! One question I did not find an answer to yet. Can you do the lifetime service at any time or does it have to be when you first purchase the box? If I do the month to month can I switch to lifetime later? Thanks for all the info.

Thanks! One question I did not find an answer to yet. Can you do the lifetime service at any time or does it have to be when you first purchase the box? If I do the month to month can I switch to lifetime later? Thanks for all the info.
I've never had limetime so someone else will have to chime-in. I consider the Tivo to be a replacable item every 2-3 years so I pay on an annual basis.

I received a confirmation email from Amazon pay and the vendor this morning confirming my order has been processed. Yeah! I never thought I would score a Premiere for $148.99 shipped. The unopened TivoHD is going back to Costco this weekend.

Lifetime can be added at any time to the box. Of course if you are buying lifetime it does not really matter if you have a free trial period time remaining. I would use the service for at least a month (the return period for BB) and be sure that you like it before more cash.

I switched my premiere to the new menus after the last update. It seems stable so far, I like the PiP when accessing menus.

ah good That answers that. I can do the free subscription first. This first one is going on my sons tv and we will check it out. Mainly because he records and tries to keep some things that are not on the vod and some things that may air and not bee seen again for a long time if ever. He does a lot of history channel and military history etc in addition to some of the nationals. He was already losing a lot of recordings before he could watch them because he ran out of space. Being able to transfer and keep some of the things will be a big plus for him. We have to wait for the installer to come and put in the card. I have BB Premier Silver so I have 45 days but I think for him it will be a hit and we will go from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts