First CS experience - wow :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spiderg8r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Rant on

I ran into a wall today trying to convince customer service that I or my neighbor should be given a benefit as a referral. I mentioned when signing up that I was referred by a customer, and again called in while installer was at my house and was told that I and my referrer would be given a credit - but that since my account wasn't yet active they couldn't do it yet but would put a note on my account with my neighbor's info. One week later I call back to make sure everything was done and I get a completely different tone. They say it appears you didn't call the special number - I explain how it all unfolded and that I was never told of a special number just that the credit would be given. Then runaround ensued with cs only repeating their position, not trying to help, and each "supervisor" just backing up the last. Now I don't really even care about the credit for me, but I look like a jerk to my neighbor who referred me and kept saying just tell them who referred you. Leaves a bad impression for me as a new customer and though I am happy with the actual service, I wonder if I made a mistake getting involved with this company. They were so agreeable and helpful until the installer left.

Rant off

So you want to make $50 the easy way???

Seriously, with all the credits and free stuff they throw around, this seems extremely petty on their part. And bad business practice to boot. This one is so easy to fix, I can't believe you had to talk to anyone but a basic level CSR.

Just like with REBATES if you don't follow the rules you don't collect when you go past go.

Except when the company changes the rules as they go along. If the op was supposed to call a special number, but wasn't told about it, how is he supposed to comply with the rules?

Everyone should read the terms and agreements. The number is right there.Its your own fault for not reading the fine print. I've done this 5 times and not once had a problem with getting credits.This has been in the rules for as long as I can remember.

Except when the company changes the rules as they go along. If the op was supposed to call a special number, but wasn't told about it, how is he supposed to comply with the rules?
This has not changed. The only way this has changed is now they give each $50 not just the one giving the refrence.

One thing Ive noticed in my few calls(maybe Im just lucky) is Ive gotten an english speaking rep. With E*, pretty much every lower level call was answered by someone I could not understand.

I too have missed out on referral credits when my buddy signed up.
They tell you to do the referral thing, but they dont tel, you that you can ONLY CALL A PERTICULAR NUMBER that is listed ONLY on a piece of paper thet you would have to have everytime you wantto do a referral.
You cannot call the normal number, this is a poor way of doing business, they get the sub, because the sub is not going to hang up and start over.
In my case I wasa not told I needed to call a different number until AFTER the new account was set up, which made it too late.
So I decided that I would NO LONGER GIVE ANY REFERRALS , even though I talk to plenty of people a week about satellite services.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts