First Hopper and Joey Photos posted by engadget

If you want a stand alone receiver then keep what you have not, have a stand alone receiver defeats the purpose of a whole home DVR. :D

The whole home DVR is great what makes it better is the 3 tuners that can recoded. Then be able to watch anywhere in the house. It would be nice to watch other channels from the Joey's besides what is on the DVR. say you are recording 3 shows so the on the Joey you would have to watch one of the shows recording or something from the DVR or on demand, what if you didn't like any of the stuff taping and didn't have anything on the DVR to watch. . :)
that is why a tuner in the Joey would be nice. I don't think I will be upgrading to the Hopper and Joey.

Later,

John

The whole home DVR is great what makes it better is the 3 tuners that can recoded. Then be able to watch anywhere in the house. It would be nice to watch other channels from the Joey's besides what is on the DVR. say you are recording 3 shows so the on the Joey you would have to watch one of the shows recording or something from the DVR or on demand, what if you didn't like any of the stuff taping and didn't have anything on the DVR to watch. . :)
that is why a tuner in the Joey would be nice. I don't think I will be upgrading to the Hopper and Joey.

Later,

John
not quite.... the nice thing is that this system is expandable by one hopper. If you want an extra receiver you can have one. If your needs are less, you'll pay less. If your needs require more tuners, then throw on an extra hopper and pay accordingly.

by having an extra hopper that might say replace one of your joeys, you'll have six tuners. One of which could be dedicated to the 4 major broadcast networks for DVR purposes. Essentially giving you 9 channels to DVR if your family watches a lot of the broadcast networks.

Get yourself two Hoppers then. Then you can have 6 tuners at your disposal then. If that doesn't do it for you then stick with what ya got, even though you can do less with what you have.

I wonder if you will still be able to fast forward commercials during prime time anytime recordings just as you would if you were recording regularly

I am guessing you still can?

If it possible to make full [technical] review of each screen from Menu's icons - open for a second each icon/screen to make it quick (we could pause the video to do close up look) ?
Would be interesting to see many new feature's settings like MoCA, Apps, System Info, HDD Tests, CenturyLink, PC Backup, Home Monitor, etc.

Last edited:
CES is over and all of us are now home (or soon will be)

Your just going to have to wait a few weeks before we have units in our hands to look through everything. From the looks of things it will be worth the wait.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Better, I didn't think it would be that fast.

So when will dish get this in hands of all the technicians including raps to start training on them? Because the techs at myboffice are going to need are least 2 weeks Before they get this down lol

I'm wondering that myself. I hope it's out soon but most techs and retailers have no idea this thing exists because Dish hasn't told us much directly. Most retailers I know do not come on here to find out all this info so fast. I'm still waiting for Dish to give us the details on release date, price, business economics and how to install.

Perhaps USB will be employed to include future/other functionality in addition to OTA. Caller ID perhaps? Has anyone mentioned EHD? Will the existing recordings on external HD's be accessible with Hopper?

I saw a wiring diagram with the XIP Duo Node included that showed the internet connectivity to this node and not the Hopper. Is this correct? http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=64899&d=1304659856

OK, The view of the rear of the Hopper shows a rj11 port for caller ID. As for OTA, I'm hoping that the OTA channels and the Caller ID will be propagated to the Joeys. Does anyone know if this will be the case? Will existing subs be able to retain all saved programming on their EHD's when upgrading to the Hopper setup?

I absolutely want/need a Hopper and a few Joeys. When, When, When?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)