FIRST LOOK: FyreTV Unboxing

I looking to see how the streaming holds up across the bridges and how well the Xboxs and different PCs handle the streams.
I think only the FyreTV device will get the data stream, just like XTV was/is.

I doubt they will allow you to stream directly to a PC or Xbox.

-John

Im sure he is very busy. I would be willing to even chip in some $$$$ to get a box now.

IMHO folks should just relax, when it's ready to be shipped it will be shipped. Remember this is a beta for a new product, sh*t happens.

IMHO folks should just relax, when it's ready to be shipped it will be shipped. Remember this is a beta for a new product, sh*t happens.

Don't get ya panties in a wad! I'm just asking for a follow-up on what they stated:

The delay was due to our merchant account integration but I am happy to let you know that we are in the final stages of completion and your FyreTV Boxxxes are here waiting for you.

Don’t be disappointed! The Great News is that the FyreTV Boxxxes will begin shipping on February 4th just in time for Valentine’s Day.

yeah, im still waiting on to hear if i got picked for a beta tester, it has been 3 weeks now, the only thing i got was an email, when i signed up for it, saying i my application would be reviewed, and would be notified in 2-3 weeks

Well I got an email last night. When I followed the link, it had a message saying the email was wrong and we should receive another one shortly - nothing yet. The forum link, which displayed correctly - but was coded wrong, did work and their support forum is up - no posts when i was there.

I signed up for the beta back in December & have heard nothing. I really want to participate in the testing. I've been with XTV for a couple of years now but they are looking kind of shakey now.

I've heard nothing and I signed up before the Satguys stuff started. I pm'd estefano and got 1 reply that I was all set since they started the satguys deal.

No activity from estefano since the 5th of Feb on this site isn't exactly promising. Oh well, if it shows up, cool. If not, then I am not out anything.

If I had to guess I think that the hardware is ready, but that the content is not.

I have not hooked up the FyreTV box again since doing my origional review. (Its sitting on my desk at my office) :)

I signed up for it and if I do get it I will be interested in the streaming at 1.5mbps throughput and if there is going to be any buffering problems. Wonder what kind of ram it has in it to over come this or if they will start doing a pvr type system along with the streaming. I notice with streaming on the computer there is usually always a buffering problem and tha is on a small setting. However it is not on any paid sites right now.

Dont Dispair!!!

To everyone that has PMed me, no need to worry! you are confirmed in the BETA!

To everyone that registered for the BETA on the fyretv.com website using SATELLITEGUYS as the promo code, no need to worry! you are confirmed in the BETA!

I know I have not been responding to people, sorry about that... but its been hell. lots of improvements on the system have been taking over my time.

I have made a list of everyone that has PMed me their email as well as registered on the fyretv.com website using SATELLITEGUYS as the promo code, all you guys are getting in! dont worry!

for those of you that havent registered yet, go ahead and do so. you have a few days till we start shipping (probably monday or tuesday but dont hold me to it) to get your emails in our system.

Regards,

Estefano CEO and Founder of FyreTV.com

Estefano,

I think what is confusing everybody about your responses is you keep saying they will be shipping soon. You don't even have my address to ship to yet. We signed up on the beta link. But it doesn't ask for an address. Just a minimal amount of information and email addy. Then we get a confirmation email stating that we will be getting an email in a few weeks asking for more information. I assume that is the one where we reply with our name, address, and CC info.

Nobody has gotten that second email. Even if you start shipping Monday or Tuesday, you don't have the ship to info to send the units to us.

Check the Beta Tester link on your site.

Yup Buzzdar, you got it its a scam.

All those free boxes they are getting ready to ship are not really there.

For those who signed up with the SatelliteGuys promo code check your email boxes today and tomorrow. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts