First Nations Experience Coming Soon to FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
ironically on the FNX website it says to contact my local PBS provider and it lists 3
WDSE Duluth (already sent them an e-mail)
KTCA Minneapolis
KAWB Lakeland PBS (which was actually the FIRST station in the nation outside of the PBS that owns it to carry FNX)

side note: was at the lake house the past few days and actually got to see FNX via OTA on KAWB 22-2 :)

Christopher Cromwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 9, 2014
Lexington, KY.
My Manhattan reciever can only pick up a handful of scrambled channels from HBO and Cinnemax on 125W. I can't bring in anything else at all, even if I was to manually put in the TP info. I have an 85cm dish, could this be the reason why? Or is my Manhattan too old to get all of those other channels off that satellite? I plan to buy a new Amiko reciever soon, hopefully it will bring in the missing channels better. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 21, 2007
MA
You need at least a 90cm dish to get those. Some with a 1.2m dish have problems receiving them how much less your current dish size.

Christopher Cromwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 9, 2014
Lexington, KY.
Ok, I have been wondering if I needed a 90cm dish all this time. I asked for a 90cm dish from Skyvision way back in May and was told NO, I had to get an 85cm dish instead. Now I'm wondering who sells the 90cm reflector only that will bolt on in place of the other? :)

Christopher Cromwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 9, 2014
Lexington, KY.
I already ordered up a new 90cm GeoSatPro dish from eBay this morning. I should be able to pull in some missing channels better from 125W and several other ones. :) I'll get the dish in time to work on everything next weekend.

Jason S

Ordinary Average Guy...
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2014
North Central Texas
My Manhattan reciever can only pick up a handful of scrambled channels from HBO and Cinnemax on 125W. I can't bring in anything else at all, even if I was to manually put in the TP info. I have an 85cm dish, could this be the reason why? Or is my Manhattan too old to get all of those other channels off that satellite? I plan to buy a new Amiko reciever soon, hopefully it will bring in the missing channels better. :)

I have a 1.2m dish, but my Manhatan RS-1933 receiver works just fine on 125W for all the PBS transponders.

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
That helps me to believe I need a little bigger dish! I hope i can get some of those on a 90cm dish like other guys can. :)
You should be good for all PBS but OETA on 125W with the 90cm. A 90cm plus the PLL LNB I just installed locks all but OETA for me (even with the rain/wind/clouds we were having during the past day). I'll need a bigger dish for OETA - wouldn't mind the dish price but the shipping cost bites you in the rear.:eek:

Christopher Cromwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 9, 2014
Lexington, KY.
You should be good for all PBS but OETA on 125W with the 90cm. A 90cm plus the PLL LNB I just installed locks all but OETA for me (even with the rain/wind/clouds we were having during the past day). I'll need a bigger dish for OETA - wouldn't mind the dish price but the shipping cost bites you in the rear.:eek:

That sounds good to me! Thanks! I know what you mean about high shipping rates! When I ordered my 1.2M dish from Satellite AV on eBay, they had some of the most reasonable shipping costs I was going to find anywhere. I jumped on that deal! :)

lamp

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 23, 2013
Tennessee
FNX is back on the air at 125 W. I guess it will be in the clear like the other PBS channels.

I get all the channels at 125W with a 1.2 meter dish. The signal quality on some channels gets a little low at times but the picture almost never breaks up. I think it is moisture in the atmosphere that causes the low signal quality. I don't think a smaller dish would work for me.

4sakntaln

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 18, 2007
Scanned it in this morning. On a 76cm dish with a sidecar eagle aspen oval eye lnb. Main lnb pointed to 125w....Interesting...

Reactions: Mr Tony
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)