Status
Please reply by conversation.

drunk247

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 15, 2012
PA
I have been wanting to get 72W KU but the neighbor's tree is blocking it. I can get to 82w with my motorized 90cm setup. I also have 125W on a fixed 90cm dish.

I have a few oddball dishes DTV slimline, wildblue dish, and eastern arc DN. The only one that I had a proper mount for was the DN and that was already aimed at the eastern arc. 72w is the middle of that so I swapped out the LNB to see if I could just pick it up as installed. This is what I got just by changing the LNB. I didn't do anything special here but I thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted a quick fix to mod a dish. I had an extra lnb bracket, an Amiko dual output universal LNB, and a 2" piece of PVC. I used 2 screws and about 12 washers. I'd say this took about an hour to setup and run the cabling to my switch in the front of the house.

IMG_20140917_210212.jpg IMG_20140917_210224.jpg IMG_20140917_210229.jpg IMG_20140917_210309.jpg

What??? No duct tape????? Nice, goes to show that 'Yankee' ingenuity works just fine. (Red Green would have used no washers, just duct tape)

Oh I am not above using duct tape. The majority of the junk I used was salvage from another antenna project that was laying on my back porch. That also performed better than expected but had outlived its usefulness. My wife cleaned up a lot for me while I was at camp last weekend so I had some trouble locating stuff. I will take another picture in the daylight so you can see the quasi tight window I am looking through. I was going to try this on 30W but I think I will have to take the slimline up on the peak of the house to clear all the mess around here. Wife made some comments today about the number of antennas on the house so I think I am reaching a predetermined limitation that I am unaware of. I have to start building out in a little more tactical manner now. I had the 90cm fixed hanging off our dormer in the front of the house for two weeks before she noticed it. My four year old snitched on me. You'd think that she would be used to random antennas since I am an amateur radio op. * shrug *

Drunk 247 good job. One thing that will help use a unverisal lnb holder put it under the arm you will have the sweet spot on that dish. Look up my recents pics you will see my painted black turbo hd dish but I am happy for you good job.

Drunk 247 good job. One thing that will help use a unverisal lnb holder put it under the arm you will have the sweet spot on that dish. Look up my recents pics you will see my painted black turbo hd dish but I am happy for you good job.

I saw a few of your mods. They were very nice. If I needed more than 72W from this I may have gone a different route.

Below is the window to 72W. I believe the satellite is right at the tip of my OTA antenna.

IMG_20140918_091546.jpg

You can use that dish for 97w ku and get all of the transponders dvbs 2 will struggle to come in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)