first time set-up

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No, I tweaked reception for 101W to the max. Not all transponders have the same signal strength e.g. on Dishnetwork 119W I can only receive 5 or 6 tp while the others will not lock . . . no matter what.

However, I will try a regular 101W lnb to see how the H22 reacts.

Thanks !

Last edited:
I now tried a regular Directv dual LNB, removed the B-band converter . . . I am getting the same signal strength on 101W as with the Slimline Lnb
but still:
Verifying configuration . . . . . "A satellite signal could not be detected. Please check your installation and re-test"

Any more ideas ?

Last edited:
I now tried a regular Directv dual LNB, removed the B-band converter . . . I am getting the same signal strength on 101W as with the Slimline Lnb
but still:
Verifying configuration . . . . . "A satellite signal could not be detected. Please check your installation and re-test"

Any more ideas ?

Focal point has to be off at this point, from what I understand you should be getting a decent signal on the 101 with the equipment you're using. So I'm guessing it has to be that or possibly a bad wire or connection

What happens when you run the cable from LNB straight to the receiver?

Re check your sat dish set up -is it still showing 01-18" round and multiswitch
I am sure you know to change switch to multiswitch then change dish to 18"
Just asking!!!

I have tried every set-up option, Slimline lnb, regular lnb, naturally also and foremost the set-up with Dish Type 01: round and Switch 02: Multiswitch
Now I have tried the next set-up with Dish Type 02 oval for 101, 110 and 119W and please watch my Youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_QnaxdjZew

I am using a regular Directv lnb, cable directly from LNB into receiver; no switch except the built in switch inside the dual lnb. 8 foot off-set dish from Andrews.
How can it be that I get signals on 110 and 119W as well ?

"I am using a regular Directv lnb, cable directly from LNB into receiver; no switch except the built in switch inside the dual lnb. 8 foot off-set dish from Andrews.
How can it be that I get signals on 110 and 119W as well ?" Watched your Vidio- it is impossible for a single LNB to get 3 Sats unless focal point is wrong!The only set up you need is 18" and multiswitch doesn't matter which LNB you are using

There is no switch in the LNB if its the reg old sd LNB​

"I am using a regular Directv lnb, cable directly from LNB into receiver; no switch except the built in switch inside the dual lnb. 8 foot off-set dish from Andrews.
How can it be that I get signals on 110 and 119W as well ?" Watched your Vidio- it is impossible for a single LNB to get 3 Sats unless focal point is wrong!The only set up you need is 18" and multiswitch doesn't matter which LNB you are using

There is no switch in the LNB if its the reg old sd LNB

For 1 yes you can pick up 110 and 119 with a dual LNB. It's called "ghosting" and 2 there is a built in multi switch in a dual LNB. All lnb's have built in switches excluding the SWM LNB's

I have tried every set-up option, Slimline lnb, regular lnb, naturally also and foremost the set-up with Dish Type 01: round and Switch 02: Multiswitch
Now I have tried the next set-up with Dish Type 02 oval for 101, 110 and 119W and please watch my Youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_QnaxdjZew

I am using a regular Directv lnb, cable directly from LNB into receiver; no switch except the built in switch inside the dual lnb. 8 foot off-set dish from Andrews.
How can it be that I get signals on 110 and 119W as well ?

Have you ran a new cable and check connections? It looks like you're getting closer with the 101 but that LNB seems to be just a hair off from where it needs to be

* it's a standard Directv lnb with dual outlet, so a switch is built in.
* yes, I am aware that I have to choose the set up for one lnb
* Nevertheless, I have tried the other set up with 101/110/119 and it seems that there are signals on 110 and 119 as well. Strange.
* Yes, I have tried multiple cables. It's not a cable issue.

The issue is something else. I can believe that I am pointed at another satellite. I have that old receiver I use on the field and the new H22 for indoors.
Both give the same readings for 101w.

Why does the receiver not lock in the signal ?
and why do I get some readings on 110 and 119W ?

thanks, ww

mlEz_UOZ7_6GpVtwB25Tm4A.jpg
Is this what you are using??

* it's a standard Directv lnb with dual outlet, so a switch is built in.
* yes, I am aware that I have to choose the set up for one lnb
* Nevertheless, I have tried the other set up with 101/110/119 and it seems that there are signals on 110 and 119 as well. Strange.
* Yes, I have tried multiple cables. It's not a cable issue.

The issue is something else. I can believe that I am pointed at another satellite. I have that old receiver I use on the field and the new H22 for indoors.
Both give the same readings for 101w.

Why does the receiver not lock in the signal ?
and why do I get some readings on 110 and 119W ?

thanks, ww

Only an AIM will tell you when you're locked on a directv sat. You can be pointed at another bird but you could be on the 101. Like said earlier, you can "ghost" 110 and 119 and be locked on the 101. I believe it's either not on target or the LNB needs repositioned

If you have a single 101 LNB, you need to set the dish type to 18in round. If you don't, and you use another dish setting, it can look like you are getting signals on 110 and 119 but they are really just the 101 signals.
It's very hard to help you through this when you don't seem to understand the basics of DirecTV satellite reception.

"As I wrote before:
I have tried to 18" round setting first, naturally.
but I have also tried the other settings just in case. Among the other options I was just wondering why on the 101/110/119 setting there were readings for 110/119.

When you ask for 110 and 119 signals the receiver sends voltages/tone control signals to the dish to select those satellites., If your LNB only sees 101, then the voltage/tone control signals will do nothing and the dish will continue to give you the 101 signals. The receiver has no way of knowing which satellite signals it is actually receiving. That's why if you point the dish at 119 instead of 101, your receiver will think it's getting 101 signals but it is not.

That's new to me. thanks. It changes the situation completely.
On Dishnetwork you have the transponder signal strength but it tells you in addition if you are on the correct satellite or not.

ok, tomorrow I will have to search for the real 101W.

good idea

I did a check switch on my Dishnetwork 501 receiver, no result.
I also went manually through the satellites and TPs . . .unfortunately this is not a Dishnetwork signal.

It's not a Shaw Direct signal either . . . at least what I can see on an unactivated receiver.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DIRECTV Streaming Rumor Alert

New Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)