Flat Panel Mounts

What Type Flat PanelTV Mount Do You Have?

• Flat on the wall - no tilt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flat on the wal - tilt

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Swingout with tilt

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Motorized

• Other

• None

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Mine is flat on the wall with tilt. However, if I had it to do over, I would have gone with the fixed one. Once you set the tilt, you never change it.

I thought that the tilt feature would allow me to get to inputs easier, but the reality is that it is still a giant pain to change anything without removing it from the wall.

What I really want is a mount with a settable tilt, but one which would let you release the lower catch and flip it up so you could access the rear panel input jacks.

I have a Samsung 52a650 in living room on tilt wall mount set at about 2-3 degrees and center of TV at 46" above floor. Also have a Samsung 32a450 in bedroom, same mount, 6-7 degrees tilt and center of TV at 72". Tilt works great at stopping glare during daytime viewing. Both mounts are from Monoprice.

I have a flat on wall tilt on one TV and don't really like it. Changing the tilt is a pain and accessing the rear panel of the TV is almost impossible. Recently, I added a second TV and purchased a Peerless swingout with tilt model. I love it. It is built incredibly well and can be articulated to any position. However, it is expensive==but well worth. Also, for our TV (an HD Visio) we had to purchase an additional plate to attach the TV to the mount.

Aloha from the Big Island,

Dennis

I don't have a flat panel TV yet, but when I do get one, I'm considering dragging the old RCA XL100 out and use that for a stand. A nice retro look :)

I call that a "red neck stand" - pretty much what I'm using (an old RCA 40" RPTV). At least it has wheels so I can get in behind the LCD when I need to. (I figure the two together are nearly 400 lbs.!)

I was considering a wall mount but I am concerned about what 120 lbs. will do to the wall. I think I'll stick with something that's on wheels and I can move easily when I have to. But I can certainly come up with something a bit more stylish and functional...when I get "a round tuit"...!

I call that a "red neck stand" - pretty much what I'm using (an old RCA 40" RPTV). At least it has wheels so I can get in behind the LCD when I need to. (I figure the two together are nearly 400 lbs.!)

I was considering a wall mount but I am concerned about what 120 lbs. will do to the wall. I think I'll stick with something that's on wheels and I can move easily when I have to. But I can certainly come up with something a bit more stylish and functional...when I get "a round tuit"...!
I'm doing this right now as my 42" Hitachi CRT has convergence problems (for awhile it was totally dead) but I find my self still using it a many times such as right now I listen more than watch, so might as well not put more hours on the new Sony...

"Red neck" TV stand...

I posted this elsewhere - almost embarassed to show it again, but here it is in all its (temporary!) glory !!! (Sorry for the poor focus.) The old 40" RPTV still works AFAIK, but it has been disconnected for at least 5 years. I bought it in '85 and it got a good workout over the years. The tuner was having problems, but it's obsolete now anyway. For the past 5-6 years there has been another TV on top of it including this latest.

The equipment rack is an old microwave oven display stand I got out of some store's junk about 25 years ago. The uprights are chromed steel (need a good polishing) and quite sturdy. I made new shelves and the base for it - also on wheels. The lowest shelf (above the base itsellf) holds about 200 LPs. (Bonus question - name the 2 that are showing!) So I guess that qualifies as a "red neck" or more accurately, "dumpster dive" equipment rack!!

Since that picture was taken I added a cabinet to the right of the TV facing to the side to hold all the DVDs that were piled-up next to the TT and in front of the HDTV, and hid the wiring a bit better. I also added an HDD to the 211 that sits on top of the DVD cabinet.

Ideally I would like a cabinet that holds the TV and most of that equipment, but can still be moved a bit when I need to get in to service it. I still want the turntable connected and probably the R-R deck, but I might need a separate cabinet or rack for the overflow.

Attachments

• HT 1.JPG
    HT 1.JPG
    459.9 KB · Views: 187
I posted this elsewhere - almost embarassed to show it again, but here it is in all its (temporary!) glory !!! (Sorry for the poor focus.) The old 40" RPTV still works AFAIK, but it has been disconnected for at least 5 years. I bought it in '85 and it got a good workout over the years. The tuner was having problems, but it's obsolete now anyway. For the past 5-6 years there has been another TV on top of it including this latest.

The equipment rack is an old microwave oven display stand I got out of some store's junk about 25 years ago. The uprights are chromed steel (need a good polishing) and quite sturdy. I made new shelves and the base for it - also on wheels. The lowest shelf (above the base itsellf) holds about 200 LPs. (Bonus question - name the 2 that are showing!) So I guess that qualifies as a "red neck" or more accurately, "dumpster dive" equipment rack!!

Since that picture was taken I added a cabinet to the right of the TV facing to the side to hold all the DVDs that were piled-up next to the TT and in front of the HDTV, and hid the wiring a bit better. I also added an HDD to the 211 that sits on top of the DVD cabinet.

Ideally I would like a cabinet that holds the TV and most of that equipment, but can still be moved a bit when I need to get in to service it. I still want the turntable connected and probably the R-R deck, but I might need a separate cabinet or rack for the overflow.
Your wife allows this set up?:confused:;)

Man cave of sorts at present. (Lost my wife a year and a half ago. ) Sorry if it's not up to standards for some, but at this stage of my life I only really care what the picture on the screen looks like and not the rest. Besides, most of the time I'm in that room it's dark...for viewing the movie / program...! :D

Man cave of sorts at present. (Lost my wife a year and a half ago. ) Sorry if it's not up to standards for some, but at this stage of my life I only really care what the picture on the screen looks like and not the rest. Besides, most of the time I'm in that room it's dark...for viewing the movie / program...! :D

My condolences on your loss. I do envy having a man cave:)

Tks, and yeah - one upside of the current "empty nester" situation - that and the fact that no one yells at me for a dirty dish in the sink or socks left on the floor...!

I voted "none" for the moment. Here's my man cave set up (41-year-old bachelor and counting, though GF has other ideas).

I am eyeballing those stands with a built-in mount since I have a window behind the only spotin my living room for an HTS . I would like to bring my matching JBL center back into the set up, though the smaller, low profile Yamaha is doing an adequate job and I'm getting used to it (de-sensitizing more like it!).

Attachments

• Zookster HTS 72dpi.jpg
    Zookster HTS 72dpi.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 170

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts