Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

Yeah really doesn't make much sense.
So Charlie would rather you spend another $10 on the News pack on top of you Top250 subscription?
If that's the case and than he must really want to start losing more business by doing things like this.

Let's just hope he's smarter than that and this is just speculation as of now.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

So, you can't subscribe to AT250 and get BBC World Service on the satellite? I.E. You'd have to drop down to a lower tier and subscribe to the news package to get it on satellite? As it now stands, unless something changes?
And, I assume that as stupid as they have been with all of these shenanigans you'll have to get the Flex pack to get the MTV Suite?

It sure looks that way, based on the above. We'll know for sure in seven days. I'm giving serious consideration to moving from AT200 to Flex with the news pack added on, saving $35 per month. Actually saving $40, as I'm currently buying The Blaze add-on at $5 and would obviously drop that as well. If BBCWN were satellite delivered in 250, I'd upgrade.

Encouraging me to spend significantly less with DISH. What are they thinking?

Yeah really doesn't make much sense.
So Charlie would rather you spend another $10 on the News pack on top of you Top250 subscription?
If that's the case and than he must really want to start losing more business by doing things like this.

Let's just hope he's smarter than that and this is just speculation as of now.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

That chart, in the first post, doesn't have a check mark by AT250 for the News Pack, it has a red "x" indicating that you can't add it to AT250, so it appears as of now if you want BBC World and AT250 you are SOL, with the exception of getting it from Dish Anywhere, which is stupid.
I really, really, don't want to drop Dish for AT&T/DirecTV, because I really like Echostar's equipment, but if AT&T keeps making bundling offers for my AT&T services and DTV, and Dish keeps up this kind of stupidity, they'll sure make me think long and hard about it.

IF you spend less with DISH , you will stay longer as a sub. That is what I think that they are thinking. Beats the costly promo credits that they have been dishing out to keep subs ( me included) who think that there programming packs are too high. The FLEX packs are the start of a new system that will give subs more of what they want , and at less of a price. You pay for what you want , and not pay for what you don't want. I'm saving $45.00 a month to get all the channels I want and none of them I don't watch like Sports, over the top 250 + Hbo. My bill including hopper fees is now around $100.00 a month before taxes, instead of $145.00 like it was before.

But I'm betting that the BBC World news will be included in the top 250 bundle ,unless they are pushing subs to the Flex packs instead. Like they did the America HD packs , silver,gold, etc. They kept those packs for those who had them in hd only ,but they didn't add any new channels to those packs. Maybe by not adding BBC world news to any programming packs, they are pushing subs to go with the Flex packs in order to get the new channels that they added. Maybe the top programming packs are now like the America hd packs and they will be kept for those who have them and nothing new will be added to them in order to encourage all to go to the Flex pack system.:eureka

Reactions: pattykay
Now if only the equipment fees were lower . . . .
That is the battle I've fighting with DISH over since 2010. I wish that DISH would see how their receiver fees are higher than they need to be. I mean the Hopper 1 was $7.00 in 2012 and then it was $10.00 , then it was $12.00 and now it is $15.00 for a Hopper 3. I mean they have doubled the fee in 4 years and the only thing I see we got was less auto skip on certain channels and the hopper 3 does 16 tuners.

Is there anyone here who thinks the Flex Packs are a bargain? I would definitely drop Dish altogether rather than use a Flex Pack to "save" a couple of bucks. You get huge discounts when you go to a new provider, I don't have to mess with these ridiculous packs.

I'm under a new contract due to upgrading to Hopper 3 - besides I really don't want to move to Direct so yes, this is a bargain for me. Didn't have to give up anything & I'm saving $$, I think that's a deal. Will not return to Direct (only other choice is Charter, boo).

Reactions: Tampa8 and STDog
Is there anyone here who thinks the Flex Packs are a bargain? I would definitely drop Dish altogether rather than use a Flex Pack to "save" a couple of bucks. You get huge discounts when you go to a new provider, I don't have to mess with these ridiculous packs.
That is old news, changing services has always been that way.

For that big discount you get to lose any recordings you may have made, learn new channel lineups and a small slew of other things. I know, I've done it many times. But the Flex Pack+Locals Pack+National Sports gets the job done, add in all the premiums and my bill is less than $100. For that I have the single best DVR in the industry, my recordings are safe and I can have an unlimited amount of recordings should I so choose.

So yes, the Flex Packs CAN be a bargain in comparison. You are welcome to disagree and 'keep on switching'!! :)

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk

As information is changing, it seems like the previous "x" mark for AT250 was possibly inaccurate.

To me it indicates that you cannot add the news channel pack to the 250. Maybe because bbc wn is available with DA on the 250. I'm curious to find out.

Can you imagine paying another $10 so that those with AT 250 can add a single SD channel, BBCWN?

I don't believe it, otherwise that is a great way to aggravate your loyal customers.

Honestly, I think that a lot of people leave Dish not because of the service, but because of all the game playing they seem to do. Frankly, if some people are already able to view the channel, then all AT250 customers should get it now. Dish has been dragging out this fiasco for three months so far.

Reactions: Jim S. and Troch77
Just keep in mind nothing is official yet, we already have seen changes in what we think is happening.

BTW - I really like the new wardrobe some of us are wearing. ;)

Reactions: JSheridan
Can you imagine paying another $10 so that those with AT 250 can add a single SD channel, BBCWN?

I don't believe it, otherwise that is a great way to aggravate your loyal customers.

Honestly, I think that a lot of people leave Dish not because of the service, but because of all the game playing they seem to do. Frankly, if some people are already able to view the channel, then all AT250 customers should get it now. Dish has been dragging out this fiasco for three months so far.
I agree, it's BS that a customer paying $90 a month is missing channels that someone paying $36 gets.

That's like telling someone if they want 93 octane gas, you have to buy 87 first.
So now if we want lower their packages we have to add them to the Top packages.

What idiot is in charge of making these decisions at Dish?

Man I really hope this is just speculation and we are getting tweaked for no reason.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: reddice
Man I really hope this is just speculation and we are getting tweaked for no reason.

Well if they had any sense at all, they'd have explained themselves already. The uplink reports are one thing, but if the information release about the Flex packs is official, they should've anticipated questions and/or backlash!

Reactions: bobvick
Well if they had any sense at all, they'd have explained themselves already.

To who, the people who post here (or the other site)? Because outside that virtually no one else has any inkling about a yet unannounced officially package or changes. I can go back and count many revisions posted of what the changes are all with no official information from Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)