Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

You can add these "packs" to most of the standard packages. The new thing is the addition of a new, low-cost package called "Flex". It costs $34.99-39.99 (that is apparently up in the air at the moment but on my bill, it's $34.99). The channel lineup it includes works great for us and many others. There are 5-6 add'l, new packages, ranging in price from $6-10/month that groups types of programming, e.g. locals, news, sports, variety, and so on that you can add on top. If you take the base "Flex" pack and add ALL of the others, it probably doesn't make much sense financially nor logically. You could pay as much as you'd pay for AT200 or so and not get as many channels.

Each person needs to look at each package and decide what channels they want or need, which package(s) they are in, and so on and do their own evaluation.

Originally advertised here at $29.99 as long as you have autopsy enabled, $34.99 without.

The auto pay discount is more than likely going to be for new customers only.

To try and sort it out based on what has been leaked;

$34.99 for current subscribers no locals
$39.99 may be the advertised price for new customers including locals.
$29.99 for new subscribers without locals

Reactions: stardust3
Just call Dish and ask about switching. No need to have DIRT involved... Your contract stipulates that you maintain a minimum level of programming and the Flex packages may not qualify (yet).

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Has it been determined if Flex qualifies as maintaining a minimum level of programming?

Check the terms of service or customer agreement (online) for updates.

It lists Welcome Pack, at only $19.99, as a qualifying package so I would hope that a more expensive package also qualifies.

Reactions: Tampa8
The auto pay discount is more than likely going to be for new customers only.
Dubious. If an existing customer switched to mail pay , it would cost Dish at least $5 a month to mail and remail and have to wait for payments, which may never come. That's why they promote it for all customers. There are many customers who will not pay a bill until the second notice is received.

Reactions: Yragha
It sucks they don't offer NBCSP with flex plan

I had to cancel my service today because they could only offer me a $10 discount for 6 months I'm currently paying $125.

Guess I have try slingTV or playstation vue satellite TV is getting way too expensive.

Reactions: Link
It sucks they don't offer NBCSP with flex plan

I had to cancel my service today because they could only offer me a $10 discount for 6 months I'm currently paying $125.

Guess I have try slingTV or playstation vue satellite TV is getting way too expensive.
I swapped to Welcome plus the Blue Package with SlingTV for live access to the EPL. Drops programming down $420 a year. I keep the EHD access, and can record locals, including the NBC EPL matchup.

Though it just occurred to me you may not care about EPL. :oops:

Unfortunately thru the grapevine word is. The only way to watch BBC World News with the AT250 is with the dish anywhere app. :(

I suppose we'll have a public announcement from Dish on Thursday with all the details.

I might just do that as well, main reason I have NBCSP is the premier league

I swapped to Welcome plus the Blue Package with SlingTV for live access to the EPL. Drops programming down $420 a year. I keep the EHD access, and can record locals, including the NBC EPL matchup.

Though it just occurred to me you may not care about EPL. :oops:

Reactions: Link
I might just do that as well, main reason I have NBCSP is the premier league
Not quite as good as getting Live Extra, but it gets you something while saving a good chunk of change. Won't see as much Stoke. :( But I save money. :)

Anyone know if networks with an Eastern/Western feed include both channels or just the Eastern feed?

There virtually are no Western feeds of non premium channels on DISH. You can find a couple of Cartoon channels, at one time ION had it on the WA arc only. Did you have a particular channel in mind?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)