Fortec Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra HD, DVBS2, AC3

dsmith0429

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Lake Placid, FL
I received a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra complete setup with dish & HH90 motor. I got everything working using USALS to setup satellites. So far I can only get channels at 72, 83, 85, 87, 89, 91, 93.1, 95, 97, 101, 103, 105, 107.3, 111.1, 113, 116.8, 121, & 123, from Lake Placid, FL. 323 channel total (counting a few wild feeds) not to bad for this old receiver, but I'm guessing that's about all that is possible for this receiver, since many of the others are now appear to be all MPEG4.

Anyway, I noticed that a few channels, when I do a Power Scan, shows as scrambled, but are actually appear to be free to view, The Truth Channel on Galaxy 19, RTN28 on Galaxy 3C, and on Galaxy 18, 2 of the Veteran's channels, 1 & 4, scan as scrambled, but are viewable.

It also scans the HD channels as radio channels, and these have no Video PID when I import into Channel Master.

I was wondering if I could manually change the video PIDs of the HD channels to their SD counterparts (if available) to make them viewable and still use the AC3 audio PIDs, since I have a Audio/Video Home Theatre amp that supports AC3 input.

For Example The Pentagon Channel HD appears in the radio list, so if I changed the settings with Channel Master, shouldn't it work as a TV channel if I change the Video PID to the same one the SD version uses? I realize there is a SD version with AC3 already, but there are other HD channels that also show up as radio, but I don't know if there is a SD Video PID available for them. Newsource on SES 2 is one of the others that appears as radio.

I updated the firmware and I'm using the last factory firmware from Fortec's website v.2.72 NTSC (May 19, 2005). Boot ver 6.0.

Thanks for any input or advice.

If there was an SD video stream available, it would be scanning in as its own channel. (Unless it's MPEG4, in which case it still wouldn't do you any good.)

Thanks for the reply, the only one I know of so far is the Pentagon Channel that has both. For now, this receiver is a good training tool, I'm sure I'll upgrade to a newer receiver with MPEG4 capabilities.

I saw one that is sold overseas that runs on Android 4.0 ICS that I'm interested in called- Comag Sat Smart TV HD. This receiver has a built-in HD satellite tuner. Secondly, you can run on your TV, ANDROID applications and other exciting features. The remote control has a keyboard on the back. Anybody know if this is available in the US? Or has tried one of these?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)