HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
FOX BROADCASTING ANNOUNCES NEW WINDOW FOR FREE STREAMING OF NETWORK PROGRAMMING

New Initiative to Take Effect August 15, 2011

Participating Video Distributors to Have Exclusive 8-Day Window

DISH Network Subscribers First to Benefit from Authentication Service

LOS ANGELES – Fox Networks and Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX) today announced that beginning August 15, video distributors that participate in the company’s online authentication service will have an exclusive 8-day window for new episodes of FOX programs. To watch new episodes of FOX shows the next day, viewers can visit Fox.com, Hulu.com, Dishonline.com or the online TV portals of any future participating distributors and log in with their subscriber usernames and passwords. Viewers who do not subscribe to a participating distributor will be able to watch new episodes online eight days following their initial air dates.

DISH Network will be the first to offer this service, allowing their verified subscribers to take advantage of the exclusive window and view new episodes of FOX shows the day after they air on broadcast television.

“We are continually looking at opportunities to provide our pay television distributors with content and products that enhance the value of pay television to subscribers,” said Michael Hopkins, President, Affiliate Sales and Marketing, Fox Networks. “Our new authentication service will continue to provide next-day access to FOX broadcast shows for our viewers who subscribe to participating pay television providers.”

“DISH Network is proud to be the first pay-TV provider in America to give customers the opportunity to take full advantage of the new FOX.com viewing experience—at no additional cost,” said Dave Shull, Senior Vice President of Programming for DISH Network. “Early access to FOX.com is a terrific addition to our expansive TV Everywhere platform, which gives DISH Network customers the ability to watch whatever they want anytime, anywhere.”

FOX authentication only impacts online viewing. All other television viewing options remain unchanged. For more information about this service, or to make inquiries about future service, viewers should visit www.fox.com/watchnewepisodes.

Fox Broadcasting finished as America’s top-rated broadcast network in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demo for a record 7th consecutive year, and some of the current shows available online include AMERICAN DAD, BONES, FAMILY GUY, GLEE, RAISING HOPE, and THE SIMPSONS. New series available online this Fall include NEW GIRL, TERRA NOVA, THE FINDER, and ALLEN GREGORY.

This is another way for networks to keep people paying for their content (Through big cable/sat contracts.) Like Netflix's 28 day new release window, this is designed to keep people from being too comfortable living the streaming/rental-cable-free existence. Can't say I blame FOX. And I wouldn't be surprised to see other networks follow.

This is good but there are so few shows I personally watch on fox that it is kind of mute. Now CBS will be something else.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

I think this is a very reasonable approach. Keeps the providers happy, and allows you to see programs almost right away online that you might have either missed, or were not able to record. Works out well for people who travel.

Fox Broadcasting finished as America’s top-rated broadcast network in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demo for a record 7th consecutive year, and some of the current shows available online include AMERICAN DAD, BONES, FAMILY GUY, GLEE, RAISING HOPE, and THE SIMPSONS. New series available online this Fall include NEW GIRL, TERRA NOVA, THE FINDER, and ALLEN GREGORY.

I guess the two week blackout on Cablevision in the New York City and Philadelphia markets, 2 of the top 4 markets, back in October didn't have much of an effect on their overall ratings for the year.

Fox doesn't know what they're doing. Canceling Americas Most Wanted. They said the show cost too much. Sports is where all their broadcasting cost are. I'm thinking about Boycotting Fox.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I don't get it, HULU's part of the deal.
Not sure if this will happen with all shows.. but I know that the other day I missed a show ... caught it being available on hulu & dishonline .. when i watched it on dish online, I noticed the hard lines underneath where the commercials were, were gone ... thought it meant no commercials.. however when the commercials started I found I could move through them with the slider.. (it was TNT's Falling Skies).

Fox doesn't know what they're doing. Canceling Americas Most Wanted. They said the show cost too much. Sports is where all their broadcasting cost are. I'm thinking about Boycotting Fox.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
when a show has been on 20 years..its time to retire

If you want downloading, whip out your wallet. Wait, we'd all have to whip out the wallet. BAD idea!

No downloading package? Anyone else smell FAIL?

To answer your question, no, almost no one else but you. If you didn't notice, (and looks like you didn't), this is a very similar model to HBO GO. They and Fox got it right, for all concerned. Watched the last two episodes of Curb Your Enthuiasm while waiting for my delayed plane, now can watch just missed Fox programs. For Free.

Last edited:

OTA module and Violent Storms

Dish Platinum required for HD Theater?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)