FOX News commercials audio not the same as the video

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
At least twice this afternoon the video of commercials on FOX News (Channel 205) was not the same as the audio that was heard through out the entire commercial break.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I am on EA, Hopper 3.

I have always heard that Commercial’s volume was always pumped up to be louder then the programing, just so to get noticed (since I have always had sound systems, it had become quite loud at times).

And when I had Dish then DirecTV then Comcast, that seemed to be true.

But with YTTV, I have not experienced it once, so who knows if true.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have always heard that Commercial’s volume was always pumped up to be louder then the programing, just so to get noticed (since I have always had sound systems, it had become quite loud at times).

And when I had Dish then DirecTV then Comcast, that seemed to be true.

But with YTTV, I have not experienced it once, so who knows if true.
The reason commercials are louder in general is because by default the receivers have Dolby digital turned on. most programming today supports Dolby which is usually going to be a 5.1 format and because there's more channels the volume per channel is lower. But commercials are only in stereo so it goes back to only two channels and is much louder. So if you aren't using a Dolby setup it will be louder

The reason commercials are louder in general is because by default the receivers have Dolby digital turned on. most programming today supports Dolby which is usually going to be a 5.1 format and because there's more channels the volume per channel is lower. But commercials are only in stereo so it goes back to only two channels and is much louder. So if you aren't using a Dolby setup it will be louder
Everything on YTTV is in Dolby Digital+, when a commercial comes on, the info on my processor still says DD+.

But that does explain in the past when we had traditional service.