Free 3 Months DirecTV HD Extra Pack

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaj1701

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 12, 2005
Rochester, MN DMA #153
I just had my service activated today. When I signed in and went to......

DIRECTV: Premium TV Channels

...there was an offer for three months of HD Extra Pack for free. Just clicked the offer and activated it. Now I have 3 months of HD Extra Pack!

.....might as well check and see if you got it too.

ps. Hey Veterans, I was wondering, is this stuff worth posting? Do MOST existing customers see the same offers or is the a big YMMV??

TigerpounceTN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I signed up in May and I got that offer too. I plan on keeping it because of Smithsonian and Universal HD. I watch too many HD reruns of Becker to get rid of it.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
I just had my service activated today. When I signed in and went to......

DIRECTV: Premium TV Channels

...there was an offer for three months of HD Extra Pack for free. Just clicked the offer and activated it. Now I have 3 months of HD Extra Pack!

.....might as well check and see if you got it too.

ps. Hey Veterans, I was wondering, is this stuff worth posting? Do MOST existing customers see the same offers or is the a big YMMV??

Nothing new been around year + which is if your never had hd extra pack you can get it free for 3 months.

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Yeap. Got it when I signed up. Can't go without HDNet Movies. Now D* needs to get Epix to add to the package.

S~

jaj1701

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 12, 2005
Rochester, MN DMA #153
I signed up in May and I got that offer too. I plan on keeping it because of Smithsonian and Universal HD. I watch too many HD reruns of Becker to get rid of it.

Same offer in May when I signed up. well i seen it on my online account so i went ahead and added it

Nothing new been around year + which is if your never had hd extra pack you can get it free for 3 months.

Yeap. Got it when I signed up. Can't go without HDNet Movies. Now D* needs to get Epix to add to the package.

S~

So, I shouldn't feel special?

I also saw a rate of $10/mo for SPORTS PACK? Is that a usual thing too? I was planning on signing up for it for the college hockey season. I know customers have been thrown that for free sometimes.....but I don't think my 11 1/2 hours as a customer qualifies me! :) In other words, should I take advantage or might I see something better before October? Also, it didn't say for how long that rate for good for. Do YOU know?

Is there any other "deals" that I should be seeing or seeing soon as a new customer? 6 free months of NFL Sunday Ticket?

Also, I was wanted to view my bill online! :) Should I just say "yes" online to changing to paperless bill, or should I be receiving some type of promotional credit for doing so that other companies do....like a $5 credit or something?

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
So, I shouldn't feel special?

I also saw a rate of $10/mo for SPORTS PACK? Is that a usual thing too? I was planning on signing up for it for the college hockey season. I know customers have been thrown that for free sometimes.....but I don't think my 11 1/2 hours as a customer qualifies me! :) In other words, should I take advantage or might I see something better before October? Also, it didn't say for how long that rate for good for. Do YOU know?

Is there any other "deals" that I should be seeing or seeing soon as a new customer? 6 free months of NFL Sunday Ticket?

Also, I was wanted to view my bill online! :) Should I just say "yes" online to changing to paperless bill, or should I be receiving some type of promotional credit for doing so that other companies do....like a $5 credit or something?

Your porbably not getting a call for 6 months free premier ... no offense you abused the system enough.

If you say yes to online billing you get a one time credit of 20 dollars if your account is under 90 days old ... if it over 90 s old it a ont imte credit of 5 dollars.

rburring

Feb 8, 2007
I signed up for it too, but what is the monthly cost after 90 days? It doesn't say on their website.

jaj1701

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 12, 2005
Rochester, MN DMA #153
Your porbably not getting a call for 6 months free premier ... no offense you abused the system enough.

If you say yes to online billing you get a one time credit of 20 dollars if your account is under 90 days old ... if it over 90 s old it a ont imte credit of 5 dollars.

1. I was completely kidding about the free 6 months of Sunday Ticket (or 6mos. Premier as you mentioned). I'm very grateful and thankful for the deals I was able to take advantage of. Not to say I won't turn down offers they give me.

2. I was offered the ole' 2 for 1 on HBO and Cinemax. :)

3. I purposefully didn't switch to online billing because it didn't say a thing about the credit. If it would have, I would have switched. That's very good to know!

My tech was wonderful....been too exhausted to post about it and the lessons learned.

Thanks!

longshot

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 10, 2005
Toledo, OH
I have had this FREE off and on for a long time. When I first activated it I watched those channels just a little, when the 3 months was up I deleted it. Next time I called in for something CSR said hey you can get this free for 3 months and I say sure and after 3mos I delete it again. So long story short is I have had this free for the better part of 18-24mos.

I think the second the CSR see's you don't have it they offer it to you.

stilllearning

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 12, 2006
Michigan
Same here. I sign up for it, drop the service after close to 3 months, check my account in about a month, and find I am eligible for another 3 months free. Been doing this for 2 years now.

jaj1701

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 12, 2005
Rochester, MN DMA #153
I have had this FREE off and on for a long time. When I first activated it I watched those channels just a little, when the 3 months was up I deleted it. Next time I called in for something CSR said hey you can get this free for 3 months and I say sure and after 3mos I delete it again. So long story short is I have had this free for the better part of 18-24mos.

I think the second the CSR see's you don't have it they offer it to you.

Same here. I sign up for it, drop the service after close to 3 months, check my account in about a month, and find I am eligible for another 3 months free. Been doing this for 2 years now.

does the free HD for life include the HD extra pack as well?

That's awesome since I really like having it, but wouldn't pay $5/mo the way the package is now. Looks like I'll be doing the same thing! :)

Dogs....no, you must pay $5 extra for the extra pack if not under a free promo. I think the days of charging extra for a premium HD pack needs to end too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts