Free HD VOD after the Olympics?

danknapp76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So we've had quite a bit of free HD VOD pop up for the Olympics...both dishOnline and the main TV entertainment section of dish on demand...

Anyone know what, if any free HD VOD content we may continue to see even AFTER the Olympics are over?

TV Entertainment gets filled all the time. "Pinks," a Martha Stewart show and various other shows have appeared there. There does not seem to be a pattern for show selection. It is a TiVo-esque feature. On TiVo, there is a program that determines what shows you are likely to watch. TiVo users give programs thumbs up or down and this is the data TiVo uses to pick shows.

TV Entertainment gets filled all the time. "Pinks," a Martha Stewart show and various other shows have appeared there. There does not seem to be a pattern for show selection. It is a TiVo-esque feature. On TiVo, there is a program that determines what shows you are likely to watch. TiVo users give programs thumbs up or down and this is the data TiVo uses to pick shows.

Actually its all programming pushed by dish to all users with the correct software.

Prior to the Olympics, none was in HD...the question is, now that they've started to include HD content, will that continue after the Olympics?

Actually its all programming pushed by dish to all users with the correct software.

Prior to the Olympics, none was in HD...the question is, now that they've started to include HD content, will that continue after the Olympics?

Not the DishOnline section. That is download over internet. I downloaded the Opening Ceremony (50 minutes roughly) over my new PowerLine connection (not the built-in Powerline-esque stuff, a Linksys adapter), and it took around 4 hours. Still I really like that option. I want more HD in DishOnline - AND a much better interface to find things - really haphazard as another posted mentioned...

Not the DishOnline section. That is download over internet. I downloaded the Opening Ceremony (50 minutes roughly) over my new PowerLine connection (not the built-in Powerline-esque stuff, a Linksys adapter), and it took around 4 hours. Still I really like that option. I want more HD in DishOnline - AND a much better interface to find things - really haphazard as another posted mentioned...

Sorry not DishOnline of course, I meant the main "TV Entertainment" section. Personally I'd like more HD available from both.

What is the advantage to adding your own homeplug device if one is already built in?

Do you need the 2 Homeplugs to get the HD content on 622 via Dish Online? Or can it be done slower with just 1 Homeplug using the built-in one on the 622?

I am showing several HD events on DishOnline on my 622 today now that I finally have 6.12. Most of it is Olympics stuff.

I've downloaded the Opening Ceremony in HD from DishOnline and also have HD events in my "TV Entertainment" section (already downloaded by E* ahead of time). This is on my 622 with newest firmware.

Sorry not DishOnline of course, I meant the main "TV Entertainment" section. Personally I'd like more HD available from both.

What is the advantage to adding your own homeplug device if one is already built in?

I have other equipment in my AV rack that needs ethernet. So I use my own powerline gear (Linksys) to run between my main network in my office to an ethernet switch in my AV rack in my home theater room. From there the 622 is just one of several connections to the switch...

I downloaded the HD Olympic opening ceremony. It appeared to be downloading fine, but when I checked back after it was supposed to have finished, there was no sign of it. Not even in my download history listings.

I've downloaded the Opening Ceremony in HD from DishOnline and also have HD events in my "TV Entertainment" section (already downloaded by E* ahead of time). This is on my 622 with newest firmware.
I did too and I'm bummed the drum deal isn't part of it. It starts up after it.

They already took down most of the Olympics recaps. I was planning on watching all the track and field events in HD, but they gone!

E* XI - what will the uplink reports show??

Channel line up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts