FREE ITVN / XTV Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirby Baker said:
I havent gotten it yet.. wondering what the packaging looks like (discrete?).. or is it plastered all over the box what it is?
Mine came in a bright blue box with a TV logo on it. Apparently now it comes in a plain brown box.

Shawn

Blue box (as pictured on their website) inside of a standard brown cardboard box. The FedEx guy asked my wife what it was when she signed for the package. :)

-John

Mine came in the bright blue box and if I remember correctly it had the XTV logo on it (or the return address on it was XTV.COM.

However this was at least 6 months ago and I understand they changed things because of our feedback.

The ITVN guys are top notch in listening to our concerns and suggestions. :)

BTW I just checked this offer is STILL available! ;)

Mine arrived today in a brown box. Funny thing the FEDEX guy asked me what it was since he has delivered quite a few of these lately. I told him it was an audio player of sort... Works good on 1.5Mb DSL...

Got in Today

I got my xtv equipment today. I cant get it to stop buffering. I have a netgear game adapter, and netgear 624 router. I have cable internet connection connection about 6.0. The only way i can watch anything for a few minutes before it buffers it at the lowest band setting.
If I could get it to play continuously and at a high band with I would keep it, but as is its going back.

darkcharm73 said:
I have a netgear game adapter, and netgear 624 router.

Roughly the same setup I have. You need to check the signal strength at the game adapter. Just go to http://192.168.0.202 (or whatever IP address you gave the adapter). Once you login (username is admin, password is password) it will show a bar with signal strength. Make sure its ok, if not you will have to move it or your 624 router to a different location.

Also, just for fun, you can click on Wireless Networks Available to find if any of your neighbors have an open wireless network. You could try and connect there as well and see if performance increases! :)

-John

darkcharm73 said:
I got my xtv equipment today. I cant get it to stop buffering. I have a netgear game adapter, and netgear 624 router. I have cable internet connection connection about 6.0. The only way i can watch anything for a few minutes before it buffers it at the lowest band setting.
If I could get it to play continuously and at a high band with I would keep it, but as is its going back.
Try the hard coded IP, but on that specific router, turn off the Super 108 features. It's failrly worthless and makes the thouroughput REALLY peaky. I turned all that off and the performance with streamed media was MUCH improved.

As a side effect you'll no longer spam the whole 802.11x frequency set at once :).

Shawn

Thank you

I tried your suggestions, but I end up called the tech support at ITVN. Lets just say I was doing good to get any signal at all. I have to modifiy several settings. But low and behold, I have a strong constant connection and the the picture quality as pretty good.

But thank you all for your suggestions.

Glad to hear you got it working!!! Pretty cool technology, huh? :)

I'm still looking forward to more of the LiveTV channels as well as a better UI eventually.

-John

It seems that I will be forced to cancel my service before I ever receive the unit. I must say I am a bit disappointed with the whole customer service experience at XTV/ITVN, with the exception of the fast response from Fabian. I hope everyone else enjoys the service, guess I wont miss it having never had it. Its just too bad the customer service people couldnt contact me to resolve the issues. Hope everyone enjoy's their XTV service.

token said:
Signed up, took the cheapest shipping method. Will post back once I get it.

So far everyone has been pretty happy with our service .. I hope you feel the same. :)

I got my box but it was Dead on Arival. They are having me ship it back, but won't ship a repacement till they get this one back. So I will have to wait another week or two for that process. I think that is a very poor policy. At first they even wanted me to pay shipping back to them on the defective unit.

Well thru some magical way, I received my XTV receiver today. Got it all hooked up, and buffer buffer buffer buffer... What fun!

So I switched it to static IP, verified my speed to the west coast. Both LA and San Fran speed tests average around 1750kbit. Seattle is much slower (1400) and everything else is closer to my 3mbit max, usually around 25-2800.

So with all that, I assumed a restart would get me buffer free video. Not the case. I get 2 seconds or so, then hands, rebuffers, and continues this over and over.

Anyone have suggestions as to what else I can do? I'm not using wireless, not using my Voip, or other internet stuff while doing these tests.

Well I have pretty much ruled out my end as being an issue, as I have streamed some other video files from the net (from the west coast too) at 500kbit without issue. Does that point to the actual XTV box then?

Last edited:
besides the adult stuff...i read about the world radio and 24/7 live TV...when is that going to happen..can i get the free box and just sub to the 4.99 plan???

Kirby your problem sounds similiar to mine, but I am using a wireless network. I ended up called ITVN tech support. The technician I had was very patient and pretty reconfigure my whole setup. I was up and running in 10 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts