Free lifetime license?

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
My daughter bought a new Hyundai Elantra w/SiriusXM radio. She didn't much like it due to too many repeats. Anyhow, the free trial expired, but she still has a working satellite radio. Today she got a letter saying that, due to a computer error, she never received her free trial. The letter goes on to say that they corrected the error and her car radio has just been activated. But get this. The box in the upper right shows an expiration date 115 years in the past! She thinks she's going to get satellite radio forever. What do you think?

It is common for a Sirius / XM radio to be turned off and still play till the deactivate code goes thru the system.

Just make sure they don't send her a bill in a month or 3 for like 3 months worth of Sat radio.

It is common for a Sirius / XM radio to be turned off and still play till the deactivate code goes thru the system.

Just make sure they don't send her a bill in a month or 3 for like 3 months worth of Sat radio.
I've never heard of that happening.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

The radio in my Dodge Ram cannot be turned off. The satellite radio is on when the vehicle is on. To avoid receiving a satellite deactivate signal you would need to cover the antenna with foil when not using the radio.:)

The radio in my Dodge Ram cannot be turned off. The satellite radio is on when the vehicle is on. To avoid receiving a satellite deactivate signal you would need to cover the antenna with foil when not using the radio.:)
There is no power to most radios when the vehicle is turned Off.

I have 2 old Sirius radios that are still active, I've never had those radios on subscription, One I bought just for the goose neck mount for $5.00 at a pawn shop, and the radio still works a year later, the other radio was given to me by a friend who found it in a house he bought about 5+ years ago and it still works, it even gets updates. but it shuts down after an hour of use, because it overheats, once cooled off its back up and running for another hour. I also have 2 other radios on subscription, of course I always have to threaten to cancel every year to get discount sub, otherwise it's just not worth it.

I have 2 old Sirius radios that are still active, I've never had those radios on subscription, One I bought just for the goose neck mount for $5.00 at a pawn shop, and the radio still works a year later, the other radio was given to me by a friend who found it in a house he bought about 5+ years ago and it still works, it even gets updates. but it shuts down after an hour of use, because it overheats, once cooled off its back up and running for another hour. I also have 2 other radios on subscription, of course I always have to threaten to cancel every year to get discount sub, otherwise it's just not worth it.
PM sent

Do you still have these radio's if so PM me please.

I had Sirius in my car until the engine blew up. I could not get it fixed for a year, so the car sat outside with the battery disconnected except when I had to move it (you could run the car for a couple of minutes before it started vomiting fluids everywhere). The credit card on file with Sirius expired right after the car died, so that took care of canceling the service (they proceeded to call daily for a week, until I told them that the car was stolen, set on fire, and pushed off a cliff).

Finally I got it fixed - the radio was still on, I expected as much. I got about a month of daily usage before the kill packet finally hit. I think it was 2 am when it did.

Called a few times before I was offered 5 months for $25, which seemed fair enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)