Free S-9 Repair Offer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well, it takes ten minutes to get the screws out though. fortunately, my motherboard is doing ok. and the powersupply though is a piece of cake. as long as you know the voltages of the outputs for the motherboard. now that my solomend is working, and now that i have fat air's firmware suggestion, i really like the s9. i like it better than the s10 because i can use component and hdmi outputs at the same time. charlie

well, it takes ten minutes to get the screws out though. fortunately, my motherboard is doing ok. and the powersupply though is a piece of cake. as long as you know the voltages of the outputs for the motherboard. now that my solomend is working, and now that i have fat air's firmware suggestion, i really like the s9. i like it better than the s10 because i can use component and hdmi outputs at the same time. charlie

I use my HDMI to the HDTV and composite through an RF modulator to send it to the bedroom TV. Works good.

About 6 months a ago mine got some beer poured in it and after a good cleaning and drying it is as good as new.

I just don't like the micro receivers because of the outputs.

That 10 minutes I spoke of includes dis-assembly with a "Large Hammer".

I use my HDMI to the HDTV and composite through an RF modulator to send it to the bedroom TV. Works good.

About 6 months a ago mine got some beer poured in it and after a good cleaning and drying it is as good as new.

I just don't like the micro receivers because of the outputs.

That 10 minutes I spoke of includes dis-assembly with a "Large Hammer".

As has been stated before, are you sure your cat didn't whiz in it!:eek:

MEOW!

Success!
Parts came in today, installed and tested at max. current for two hours, working good.
AJV is on his way here to pick up his S-9.
RT-Cat, yours had a catnip toy inside and the little metal bell was shorting out the board. Wonder how that got in there?

Actually yours is at work and will be fixed and on it's way back to you on Monday.

I will be putting together a "how to" with photos and post it soon.

Looking forward to seeing the how to, and photos.

Success!
Parts came in today, installed and tested at max. current for two hours, working good.
AJV is on his way here to pick up his S-9.
RT-Cat, yours had a catnip toy inside and the little metal bell was shorting out the board. Wonder how that got in there?:eek:

Actually yours is at work and will be fixed and on it's way back to you on Monday.

I will be putting together a "how to" with photos and post it soon.

:D:D:D

For Jim>:hatsoff:

MEOW!

good job pixl. it feels good to get something working again. when i was working for a living instead of living off social security if i needed a washer or dryer i would pray a rosary and then go out looking for something beside the street. always i was able to find a whirlpool that just needed tender love and care and maybe tightening the belt or change the water pump. it was usually a quick fix and no more that 20 buck or so. charlie

thanks pixl
While your inside those S9 look over the usb how are they attached ? I noticed mine is loose and off to one side, not looking forward to pulling it out of service since other stuff is balanced on top of it. my unit gets stuck in boot mode or sometimes the unit becomes unresponsive to the remote,sorta like the cpu is maxed out looking for the usb poling. remove the usb drive turn off for awhile it may boot right up or not eventually it will come back to life till i turn off, ran fine without drive 24 hrs + so i dont think it a heat issue. dont use it to move dish or power lnb. any help I think it is off Warranty

Pixl,

Thanks again for fixing my Openbox. One more box not going to the landfill. I wished my Sonicview Elite would pickup the same stuff that the S9 does, because it is a

lot better quality of a stb than Openbox.

Al

AJV,

I enjoyed working on this problem. Thanks for offering your box for a lobotomy. I'm glad the results turned out good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dang Pizza Pushers Again!

D9223 SA receiver and Qtones

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts