Free Sample of the Week - Satellite AV - Ends 9.16.2009

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Congratulations to the winner of the Satellite AV Sample of the Week SpiffWilkie!! Please check for a PM to provide the shipping information.

Enjoy the rack mount sample!

Our staff selected the winner today from the entries displaying their downlink location in their profile including STATE / PROVINCE and CITY or STATE / PROVINCE and REGION. The first member drawn was the winner this week!!!

Thanks to everyone for the entries and updating your profile information!

The next Satelliteav sample of the week will be posted shortly!

The unit arrived this morning! When I get home tonight I'll plug that sucker in and see what I can do. A review will be forthcoming.

Thanks again!

-Steve

Well, I got the receiver today and plugged it all up. I did a blind scan on 97W and it scanned everything like a champ. HOWEVER...I decided to do a factory reset on it (why, oh why??) and the first thing I noticed was that everything was now in Chinese. Well, I muddled my way through the menus and found the language setting and got it back to English. BUT, now it's set to PAL and I can't find any setting to get it back to NTSC. It's still usable, just black and white and running off the screen :D
Whether or not I get it back to NTSC, I don't really care. Blind scanning was it's intended purpose and it seems to do very well at that.

I did google around to see if I could find any info (because there is zero information on the outside of the receiver that would identify it) and I found another thread that has someone who has an identical receiver (as far as the software is concerned at least). They have the exact same default channel list and the onscreen display is identical. Now I'm trying to see if I can figure out some codes with my JP1 remote.

Linky to the other receiver: HERE

BUT, now it's set to PAL and I can't find any setting to get it back to NTSC. It's still usable, just black and white and running off the screen

The answer may be in the link you provided. One of the pictures show a system setting screen, with the third option being DK (for RF System). DK is a form of PAL. It may very well be in that setting.

The answer may be in the link you provided. One of the pictures show a system setting screen, with the third option being DK (for RF System). DK is a form of PAL. It may very well be in that setting.

The options on that are: I DK MN and BG. As far as I can tell from a quick google those are sound settings. Changing those doesn't seem to have an effect on the video.

Those are indeed video settings. You want MN, I believe. (Why isn't it just M?)

Try setting it and power cycling.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

3CTV & 3C Community

Contest: Enter to Win a Mini BUD from Satellite AV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)