Free Showtime for 3 months - YMMV

Showtime's "big movie" selection is weak compared to the other two, BUT

Dexter was the best show on TV last year, and season two starts soon.

The Movie Channel has become one of the more interesting movie channels, with oddball theme nights and marathons.

Sundance has always been good, and has added a lot of great original programming like "John Saffron VS God", "Slings & Arrows", and "Live from Abbey Road" (but that is also on Universal HD)

Showtime has been showing some VERY rare cult films lately, like "Forbidden Zone" and "Get Crazy" (the latter was never on DVD and has been out of print for 15 years or so on VHS.)

If you watch Big Brother (I don't), they have a 3 hour live feed every night on Showtime Too.

As always, YMMV! But if I HAD to get rid of a movie channel package right now, it would be HBO. Dexter alone is worth the cost to me.

I was all ready to drop HBO as well after the Sopranos ended, but Flight of the Conchords, and even more so, the return of Curb Your Enthusiasm next week have kept me a sub.

But from a movie standpoint, I could take or leave all of them!

Just signed up for free Showtime. I'm afraid I'll get hooked on one of their shows but I'm willing to take that chance.
edit- Signed up at website was watching within 5 minutes.

I saw a Dexter promo at the movies yesterday...two actually. I thought it was starting soon, but it's not until the end of September.

So watch out, because it runs for a few months, probably well past the end of the free period. Worth it, though.

(BTW, "Shoot 'Em Up" rocks!)

I just scrolled through 2-3 days of Showtime HD and set (1) timer for something we'd be interested in.... :( I know there are "series" on the movie channels now that people really like but I have no intention of getting hooked as I have more intention of canceling when the 3 free months are up.

I took the bait and signed up last night (but will probably cancel after the 3 months :)). I signed up via the online account and Showtime was active in about 5 minutes (on the 721). This morning 2 of the 4 receivers(501 and 622) lost all channels except the non activated receiver channels(100,101, nasa, ect.). Did the normal resets,switch check and still nothing. Called Tech support and for some reason the computer system deactivated the 2 receivers when I added Showtime. So after 15 minutes on the phone I have them back.

I signed up via the online account and Showtime was active in about 5 minutes (on the 721). This morning 2 of the 4 receivers(501 and 622) lost all channels except the non activated receiver channels(100,101, nasa, ect.).
Exact same thing happened to me. They completely and automatically deactivated 1 of my 3 receivers. The CS rep could not explain this.

Make sure and have a look at your first bill after adding this Showtime deal. I was charged for Showtime and no promo was listed. When I called they were great about crediting my account, but I just wanted everyone to make sure and have a look.

Quick question.

This offer is only good if you upgrade online right?

You won't get this offer if you just upgrade through the telephone correct?

So I've logged into my account online and I click the button for the Free Showtime for 3 months at the bottom of the screen. It then brings up another screen with some information about the deal and asks me to log in again.
I log in again, and then it takes me to my account menu screen. Do I need to sign up for this through the "Add Premium Programming" link? Seems like if I do that, they want to charge me another $10 a month. Do I just go forward with it and hope they credit me for three months? Not sure how this signing up for the promo works.

Havok, I ended up just calling in and having them sign me up for the promotion because I ran into the same endless loop. I know others on the site have just gone through Add Premium Programming and it worked just fine for them.

I log in again, and then it takes me to my account menu screen. Do I need to sign up for this through the "Add Premium Programming" link? Seems like if I do that, they want to charge me another $10 a month.
That's exactly what it looked like to me as well, and I aborted out and asked here. Turns out that if you ignore the red flag, it will give you the promo without charging you anything extra.

Havok, I ended up just calling in and having them sign me up for the promotion because I ran into the same endless loop. I know others on the site have just gone through Add Premium Programming and it worked just fine for them.

That's exactly what it looked like to me as well, and I aborted out and asked here. Turns out that if you ignore the red flag, it will give you the promo without charging you anything extra.

+1

Just installed - upgraded to HD

D* buys Replay!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)