Frndly TV adds some local channels

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas

View: https://youtu.be/VGAK_uF25dw?feature=shared

• KDCO, Channel 3, Denver, CO DMA (Scripps – Independent)
  • WMYD, Channel 20, Detroit, MI DMA (Scripps – CW Affiliate)
  • WACY, Channel 32, Green Bay, WI DMA (Scripps – Independent)
  • KMCI, Channel 38, Kansas City, MO DMA (Scripps – Independent)
  • WFMZ, Channel 69, Philadelphia, PA DMA (Marantha Broadcasting Co. – Independent)
  • WHDT, Channel 9, West Palm Beach, FL DMA (Scripps – Independent)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
exactly. It was click bait. I've seen it posted previously about the stations and yeah the stations are basically Independent stations with some programming worthy

Oh and they havent been added yet...sometime this month

I would sign up if they provided all of those channels regardless of which market you're currently in. Kind of like having a "Superstations" package again.

I'm sure it will be to everyone since they are just some Independent stations and I dont think Frndly has the ability to make it to only DMA based subs

Since I have Frndly I will be able to see (since I am not near any of those locations)

So for giggles I looked up the "amazing" schedules for those stations. Doesnt look like I'm missing much. Yes right now the CW in Detroit is going to be showing the last 3 Red Wings games but other than the news (which can be seen online) I dont see anything that screams "oh damn I want these NOW" ;)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I wonder if their research has shown that these DMA's have the highest concentration of their subscribers, because I can't imagine subscribing for just one channel.. give me all of those "superstations" and I probably would!

I wonder if their research has shown that these DMA's have the highest concentration of their subscribers,
Highly unlikely. Since they are all Scripps stations (sans 69 in Allentown) they are probably just throw in to Frndly

because I can't imagine subscribing for just one channel.. give me all of those "superstations" and I probably would!
You get all the Frndly stations. These stations are just add ons in those markets and they have some type of news on there. I guess it helps folks who dont stream a ton and just have Frndly

Reactions: comfortably_numb