FSN Arizona. Just weird

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
Tuned in to FSN Arizona this afternoon and the SD channel is showing the DBacks vs Nationals and the HD channel is showing the Dodgers vs the Reds. It's nice to see them showing the game in HD but last time I looked the Dodgers were not in Arizona. Go figure.

Hmmm.... My only guess is that it was a JIP game for SD viewers (which is highly unlikely) or a glitch in Dish's system. Like you said though, it's weird.

As soon as the Dodger game ended the HD channel switched over to the DBacks game, which was about an hour and fifteen minutes into the game. First time I've ever experienced this in the 5 years I've been with Dish in AZ.

Why is it weird?

Because there is no such thing as JIP on the SD stations in general. No reason to be.

inazsully - Wonder if with all the recent switching on the Sats if the wrong switch was thrown on the HD channel?

Tuned in to FSN Arizona this afternoon and the SD channel is showing the DBacks vs Nationals and the HD channel is showing the Dodgers vs the Reds. It's nice to see them showing the game in HD but last time I looked the Dodgers were not in Arizona. Go figure.
It was JIP in HD and you saw the end of the previous game, then the game you expected to see was switched on. Ive seen this several times this year. Before this year, the Dodgers game would have been blacked out.

It was JIP in HD and you saw the end of the previous game, then the game you expected to see was switched on. Ive seen this several times this year. Before this year, the Dodgers game would have been blacked out.
You may be correct but this is the first time I've ever seen a game joined in progress without the guide boldly saying the game would be joined in progress. The guide simply showed that the game was currently being broadcast. in HD In the past if it was advertised JIP, it was at least currently on in SD, not a completely different game. Also, Dodger games are available on a California FSN, certainly not FSNAZ.

Dish Remote App

Moving second home install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)