FSTV @ 123w still up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is raining here today so the signal disappeared and so did my opportunity to tweak the lnb. It really must be the weakest signal and lowest bitrate up there, and not at all intended for anyone to receive except the ground stations with giant dishes. It does make for a good challenge.

After lots of wear with the motor on the pole and wind and rain left over from Isaac, I saw I needed to readjust my mount. Now I have it at 71% 11847 V 1784. Still, this is always the first channel to pixelate on this bird.

It is still raining, but the signal came back several hours ago and is bouncing betweem 15-40% on my s10. I wish my birdog ultra did dvb-s2, so I could measure it's actual db level. Subjective quality levels are not worth mentioning really. The good news is that the pll lnb is working well with such a weak signal.

I'm not sure I'll bother contacting SatAV about the dud lnb I got, since the shipping cost as much as the lnb.

It is crazy strong today here. The rain cleared and FSTV was around 70% quality on the S10 with the GeosatPro PLL LNB. Strongest I've ever seen it on the 1.2m fortec.

Here is what it looks like tonight from Toronto:
Tede FSTV Galaxy 18KU.PNGPeace TV Galaxy 18KU.PNG

i have to admit, this one baffles me, i go from 75q to 0 and the sign comes up signal lost.
i actually am at a loss to see why. the dish is motorized, i can move it all around,
The Q is rock solid, no floating, then 0.

Bouncing between 0 and 10% with my microHD...I need about 30% to watch so I'm gonna get a 1.2m. I am starting to think that a number of channels are turning down their power to stop us from watching?
Steve

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)