FTA from other countries?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grantsa4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Naperville, IL
I was told that you can only receive North American FTA channels in the US.

Howcome you can only receive North American FTA channels and not other channels from other countries?

I was told that you can only receive North American FTA channels in the US.

Howcome you can only receive North American FTA channels and not other channels from other countries?

Huh? You were told the wrong thing!

G25 (aka Ia 5) at 97 West is filled with channels from across the globe. There's a lot of the Middle East represented, but other parts are as well - I love flipping through the channels on this bird for the music and programming from around the world.

Nope there's plenty out there, but G25 has the most for international TV - AMC 4 is slowly adding more, tho. With a motor and 30" dish, there's a nice bit of unscrambled TV out there.

Well, asking us for foreign programming, and then asking what you should watch... uhhh... :eek:
What can we say?

If you are interested in some particular country, culture, or language, then the FTA List gives listing by language.
That might be a good start.

If you are just generally interested in what the members here watch, there was a thread a few months ago, where everybody gave their favorite satellite.

If there is something in particular you are interested in, no matter how specific or unusual, you should ask.
Because with this crowd, someone probably will have a recommendation! - :up

Oh, and by "small Ku-Band dish" we assume you mean 30 to 36 inch with linear LNB.
If that's not the case, speak up.

The big difference between satellite and regular broadcast is that satellite has to be pointed at you. Since a goodly chunk of the satellites from other countries are pointed at the other side of the Earth, you must depend on international feeds directed at North America.

I am originally from South Africa and was hoping to try find some South African programming, but from what I have seen they are all on Eastern based satellites and I don't think any FTA satellites and receivers in the US can get programming from there - is that correct?

If you have the room to put up a big dish, and you have no trees in the way, you can get NSS10. I am in Ontario Canada, and at this very second I have Metro TV from Ghana on my tv. This channel is only on C-Band, not Ku so a bigger dish is required.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DC block on a stacked LNB?

Postage event...thing to be on FTA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)