Funai to release Final Standard BD under $300

With the PS3 being a huge percentage of BD sales and with the relative newness of these next generation audio receivers I think its ludicrous to think otherwise.

Since there is no true source for these percentages whether it is hardware or software sales comparisons, are you now calling for the banning of its use? If so a lot of the post here would go bye bye. So round and round we go right back to where we were, the same place you were when you said "albeit low relatively". If you want to nit pick around the edges of the point I’m making then help yourself, but the point still stands.
1%?????????? Whatever dude. Agree to disagree.

WHo is going to the the buyer of the 300 dollar Funai???

The average AV buyer?? Why would he when a $299 PS3 is sitting next to it?
Its great that the chinese are going to produce players but they are not going to have much success until they significantly beat the PS3 price.

Listen... not every one is a gamer. Many of us don't want a loud, hot, ugly PS3 that will have its optical drive break in 3 months out in the open. Okay, I exagerrated the last part. Seriously, the PS3 is the fastest most complete (audio codecs and profile) BD player out there. However, it has its flaws--soft PQ, aesthetics, kludgy IR workaround, excessive fan noise, etc. No player is perfect. A lot of us (raises hand) just don't want one.

As far as the AVR thing goes, most people (even high def TV owners) use their TV speakers. The ones that have surround sound use digital coax or Toslink for the most part. A few use analog audio inputs. Even fewer use HDMI. The people that care about lossless audio will make the appropriate purchases. They're not the ones to whom the Funai players are marketed.