Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Tonight I got two things, one was an update of my Alpha Box to the new Beta Software.

THE FIRST BETA UNITS TO MEMBERS WILL BEGIN SHIPPING SOON!

In addition to getting the Beta Software (which I just got few minutes ago) I was also given the Beta Software Release Notes and was given permission to post them here to SatelliteGuys.US.

So here you go!

The FyreTV Boxxx and service has been in development for the last two years. The features, limitations and issues addressed below illustrate the past complications of creating a user-friendly product from a newly emerging technology and the future direction of FyreTV. We are constantly adapting the FyreTV product to what we believe will be the future needs and wants of our customer.

Please keep in mind that we are currently in the BETA testing stage of our product & service.

Pre-Commercial Launch Features

• Improved multiple filtering capabilities
• Additional filtering tools to hide already watched content and content not included within the user’s viewing package
• Playlist configuration feature allows users to add and delete scenes from their favorites / current playlist during video playback
• Viewing content quality improvements
• 40 movies a day added to the FyreTV library during the BETA trial
• Fully updated adult film actresses & actors’ profiles including their attributes, date of birth, place of birth, measurements, orientation, and their available film scenes all accessible through the set top box
• Promotional viewing packages accessed through the carousal on top of the home page of the set top box User Interface
• Bandwidth tester from the set top box
• Change pin feature accessed at the set top box

Post Commercial Launch Features

• Volume control through the set top box
• Set top box wireless capabilities
• Able to access user account information regarding billing and package info through the set top box
• Live TV of FyreTV Channels
• Accessibility of live cam channels from the set top box
• Info button able to initiate new searches while watching content

Known Issues

• Accessing the “help” video option on the set top box causes the system to crash
• Known stability issues

Limitations

• Personal pin not implemented (currently 000000 will be the standard pin)
• Favorites / watched / playlist are not saved after powering down the set top box

Not yet, the beta code was just finished TONIGHT, they now need to load them on each box and then after that they can ship them out.

So I hate to use the SOON word, but it REALLY looks like SOON. :D

I have been going through the menus since getting the beta code and there are some nice improvements. I hopefully will be able to test it out better this weekend. :)

Did you sign up to be a beta tester?
If you did, did you use "satelliteguys" as your referal id?

SatelliteGuys members that did this will get ther boxes ahead of others who signed up to be testers. :D

Nope. I missed it.

I will sign up for the next beta though.:)

Did you sign up to be a beta tester?
If you did, did you use "satelliteguys" as your referal id?

SatelliteGuys members that did this will get ther boxes ahead of others who signed up to be testers. :D

I signed up before that was mentioned but I did send a PM to the CEO that was posting here.

I signed up for it and will see if I get one. Redoing the network into the bedroom for this. Going to be alot easier then DVD's that is one good thing about it.

Dont Dispair!!!

To everyone that has PMed me, no need to worry! you are confirmed in the BETA!

To everyone that registered for the BETA on the fyretv.com website using SATELLITEGUYS as the promo code, no need to worry! you are confirmed in the BETA!

I know I have not been responding to people, sorry about that... but its been hell. lots of improvements on the system have been taking over my time.

I have made a list of everyone that has PMed me their email as well as registered on the fyretv.com website using SATELLITEGUYS as the promo code, all you guys are getting in! dont worry!

for those of you that havent registered yet, go ahead and do so. you have a few days till we start shipping (probably monday or tuesday but dont hold me to it) to get your emails in our system.

Regards,

Estefano CEO and Founder of FyreTV.com

Very cool! Can't wait to get my unit and start using this service. Sounds like this is really going to be amazing!

yep i pm you also, plus i signed up for it on the website when it was available, but nothing in my email yet, except the first time i signed up, told me it would be 2-3 weeks, but i understand the situation now, thanks, estefano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)