G10r will end this weekend ! (swapping to new bird)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

photoman76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2005
According to this filing with the FCC, Panamsat has requested an extension to operate Galaxy 17 at 123 degrees West until July 9th. It states that additional time is needed to complete in-orbit testing of Galaxy 18 which is occurring now. So it looks like the switch was from Galaxy 10R to Galaxy 17 and another switch will occur within the next month from Galaxy 17 to Galaxy 18.

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/servlet/ib.page.FetchAttachment?attachment_key=-148987

Krapola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
Fairfield, Cali
WOW...Interesting assumption...The FCC filing is a simple STA...G18 is in service...:):up

According to this filing with the FCC, Panamsat has requested an extension to operate Galaxy 17 at 123 degrees West until July 9th. It states that additional time is needed to complete in-orbit testing of Galaxy 18 which is occurring now. So it looks like the switch was from Galaxy 10R to Galaxy 17 and another switch will occur within the next month from Galaxy 17 to Galaxy 18.

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/servlet/ib.page.FetchAttachment?attachment_key=-148987

mdmm

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 16, 2005
so,finally Galaxy-18 in July will be on which degree ? at 123w or 93W ??
Will it show us still all current G-10 channels as FTA or some new programming like Dsh-net ??

JohnH

Godfather of the Uplink Reports
Oct 5, 2003
Kansas City, Missouri
Latest tracking shows Galaxy 18 at 123.09w and very slowly drifting toward 123.00w.

Lyngsat says 123.2w, but he doesn't always have the correct info.

Krapola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
Fairfield, Cali
You must be referring to this statement
"This is a future spacecraft deployment. All payload performance values are preliminary."

That is in reference to IOT data and EIRP performance...Since we did this a little different this time by preforming IOT during transition, the actuals are not posted yet...Trust me, the Satellite has launched, drifted to 123w and is in service...

And it says it is a future thing. Sort of out of date isn't it?

photoman76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2005
WOW...Interesting assumption...The FCC filing is a simple STA...G18 is in service...:):up

Apparently the legal department at Intelsat wasn't aware that Galaxy 18 was already in service when they wrote the letter explaining the need for the extension of the STA. As I have no inside information, all I can go by is what was written in the letter. But it didn't make too much sense to me to switch from Galaxy 10R to Galaxy 17 and then to Galaxy 18, unless Galaxy 10R was in imminent danger of failing. When is Galaxy 17 going to start it's move to 91 degrees West?

Krapola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
Fairfield, Cali
The filing in reference is a "Request for Further Extension" of an STA as per the RE: line and the subtext shows the continuance request from the original on May 30 or possible April 07 as per subset section 3...No fault of legal sir...

Putting this aside, exercising the idea of transitioning to G17 the G18 shortly after should be considered an "extreme" case.... Much work, coordination and intense activity is require for one swap.....I do think you can understand a sense of urgency in regards to G10R by having a Stand-by ready prior to G18....;)

As for G17.....Since G18 was just completed, let’s give it some time before the movers show up....:up

amc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
my ariza extreme is showing 70-74%.it never was that high.so there is some inprovement. im also wondering if their is a blind scan for ariza extreme i can only get about 36 channels ?
i cant get the retrojam . but on the merc i can get about 45 channels including the retro channel.

cracklincrotch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 28, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
my ariza extreme is showing 70-74%.it never was that high.so there is some inprovement. im also wondering if their is a blind scan for ariza extreme i can only get about 36 channels ?
i cant get the retrojam . but on the merc i can get about 45 channels including the retro channel.

There should be an option in your receiver to manually add a transponder and channel. I'd do that if blindscan wasn't working or unavailable.

dennise

SatelliteGuys Family
May 26, 2008
G10R Drop Out?

Yesterday afternoon (about 3:45 PM PDT) the "Qs" on most G10R TPs that I checked were in the toilet .... video not watchable. Then, later about 7PM PDT, all Qs were back up to the improved Qs after the recent G10R - to- G17 swap.

What was that all about ..... was it just G17 fine-tuning after the swap, or was it the 2nd swap to G18? :confused:

tvropro

On Vacation
Mar 9, 2007
Yesterday afternoon (about 3:45 PM PDT) the "Qs" on most G10R TPs that I checked were in the toilet .... video not watchable. Then, later about 7PM PDT, all Qs were back up to the improved Qs after the recent G10R - to- G17 swap.

What was that all about ..... was it just G17 fine-tuning after the swap, or was it the 2nd swap to G18? :confused:

Check Little Rocks weather radar. This happens when there are storms at the uplink.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
yep..noticed that last night. Retro Jams went in the tank and then 5 minutes later it was back :)
Same here last night....but around here (north Florida) thunderstorms have been popping up every afternoon...went outside and looked. ...said "Nah.. THAT cloud isn't big enough to do that..." By the time I went back inside, RetroJams was jammin' again!:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)