G16 format

Status
Please reply by conversation.

golden+65

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 18, 2010
Woodward, OK.
How can you get some of chanles on this sat. my TV. can not use the format like NBC I am using atraxis dbs6000 it gets the signal ok but I have to run it with a VCR and then it in blak and white ?

C-band or KU?

The C-band NBC channels are available in two formats. The PR channel is MPEG4 in HD and Wyoming is DVBS in SD.

Both channels come in fine on the microHD and several other receivers tested.

I am trying to pickup several CH's on G16 C band most come in fine but there are some that the TV will not show I can see them in ch editer ok but when I leav editer the TV. tell me encorrect format

Which channels are you having trouble with?
But this:
I have to run it with a VCR and then it in blak and white
makes me think you possibly have the receiver in PAL mode. Switch to NTSC format and all should be well.
Sorry, don't know anything specific about that receiver so the 'how to do that in the menus' is beyond me.

All the other CH.s come in fine on 3845-15030 except 0257 0258 259 wvxf-tv and 0769 0770v wvgn-tv and I am set to NTSC format so far Ihave tryed avery thing I can think of

Quite a few HD receivers have had problems with channels on this transponder. There is a mix of MPEG2 and MPEG4 channels and many receivers could not display the MPEG4 channels on this transponder.

Many receivers have had firmware updates to correct this problem. Have you checked with the reseller of your receiver to see if you have the latest firmware installed or if firmware is available so these channels can be viewed?

Are you connected to your TV with an HDMI cable?

Since you mentioned a VCR are you using composite AV (Yellow, White, Red) RCA? IF connected via RCA, maybe the HD channels are not downconverted to the SD output. If your satellite receiver can be set to a fixed video output resolution instead of automatic, this might make a difference.

Last edited:
Think one of these 'work arounds' should work.

Have you removed the transponder(s) and then blind scan again to get it back.
(s) might need to remove all the transponders on the satellite ???????
(I like to reboot the receiver after removal, seems to work better here on the S9)

Maybe, just maybe, it's like my S9 on this transponder. It just doesn't like more than 1 h264 stream in the mux. To get the other two to work I had to use the editor on the computer and remove the two that don't work from the transponder. I then added another transponder with the same freq and polarity, changing the SR by -10. (S9 didn't like having them identical) Put in the PIDs and channel label. Loaded the file into the receiver and budda bing - The two 'missing' channels then worked.
Do not set the Service ID, or a scan will likely mess it up.

I connect to the TV by HDMI and to the VCR by composite like I say I can see it going with the VCR but it's in black and white I will try to out about firmware thank you

OK, as long as it isn't set to automatic.

Not many folks have that receiver and it will be good to share your findings.

Good luck!

Maybe when wallyhts sees this he can help he has those receivers.

Working here on a 10 foot with norsat 8515's dual chap feedhorn.

However I just checked and software version 1.158. I will upgrade to 1.159 and see what happens.

The channels in question came in thur a blind scan just fine.

Attachments

• image-1828087996.jpg
    image-1828087996.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 127
  • image-2381874432.jpg
    image-2381874432.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)