Galaxy 19 (97W) Ku-band channel guide -- Jan. 5 update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for noting RFI's disappearance. I heard no audio but my Traxis still showed a signal was there. I didn't try to eliminate the stored
channel and rescan.

I'm sad to see RFI disappear after 15 years on Galaxy 19.

There were two RFI channels. One entirely in French. The other was multilingual, with English-language programming overnights and
some chunks of RFI Musique and RFI Afrique (helpful when the African service was running different programming from the RFI
worldwide service).

The RFI signal on C-band Anik F1R also appears to be gone. I was never sure if this was part of the path to the Galaxy 19 uplink.

I wish there was another location to get RFI FTA.

Thanks, north georgia, for your spreadsheets for G19. Yours was the first (and only) place where I saw confirmation of RFI's
absence.

Thanks for noting RFI's disappearance. I heard no audio but my Traxis still showed a signal was there. I didn't try to eliminate the stored
channel and rescan.

I'm sad to see RFI disappear after 15 years on Galaxy 19.

There were two RFI channels. One entirely in French. The other was multilingual, with English-language programming overnights and
some chunks of RFI Musique and RFI Afrique (helpful when the African service was running different programming from the RFI
worldwide service).

The RFI signal on C-band Anik F1R also appears to be gone. I was never sure if this was part of the path to the Galaxy 19 uplink.

I wish there was another location to get RFI FTA.

Thanks, north georgia, for your spreadsheets for G19. Yours was the first (and only) place where I saw confirmation of RFI's
absence.

RFi is still on Hispasat 30w, 12049 V 27497 has 10 RFI stations, RFi Francais, English, Hispano, Luso...

Thanks for pointing this out. I think I can get Hispasat, but will need to put a new Ku dish
in a different location from my other dishes as trees on adjacent property block the view
of my steerable C/Ku dish past Intelsat 805. Maybe when weather gets warmer....

I've also thought of trying to get Hispasat for the Cuban TV and radio channels.

By the way, for your listings, RTCI (Radio Tunis Chaine Internationale) is mostly French,
with one-hour blocks in English, Spanish, Italian and maybe another language or two.
There is never any Arabic on this channel. RTCI plays nice dance music some nights
and it's always a treat to hear a station sign off with the national anthem (as RTCI
does at 8pm Eastern, though this hour can change with daylight/summer time). Their
hour in English is at 8am Eastern at the moment. However, for the past two weeks,
the audio is too hot on this feed and is distorted.

I also listen a lot to Polskie Radio 3, which has a good alternative-rock show on
weekdays from 1pm to 3pm and most nights from 6pm to midnight Eastern. However,
I've just noticed that the audio quality on this channel is down today, sounds like it's
a lower bit rate. I'm hoping this is temporary.

By the way, I'm a new user on satelliteguys.us. I've found useful information in the past
and finally decided to register and contribute. I tend to be a radio listener more than
TV watcher. Other favorites on Galaxy 19 include World Radio Network (though the
program line-up is not very interesting) and occasional listens to Radio Congo and
the Radio Moscow English Service (labeled as Radio CH52).

Thanks again to northgeorgia for your diligence in tracking G19 changes. I'm willing
to post my meager observations on FTA radio feeds on other sats (including program
highlights) if there is any interest among users. Not sure how many people out there
are using FTA for radio listening....

Thanks. For future updates, I've changed RTCI to primarily French. I didn't see that I had "Arabic" there, but I did have it for Radio Tunis Nationale (is this correct?)

Radio Slovakia now seems to be broadcasting.

I admit I don't listen to the radio transmissions as often as I would like, perhaps because I always find something to record at night on a channel or a feed. But ideally, I like to listen to some radio in bed or while doing chores. I think an update on the Radio transmissions out there on the other sats would be great.

By the way, welcome to Satellite Guys!

My apologies regarding RTCI. You are correct.

I was thinking of another useful list out there that lists RTCI as Arabic. I had it
in mind to email him and instead posted here as if it was your list that was
incorrect. And, yes, Radio Tunisia is all Arabic.

Thanks for your welcome to SatelliteGuys. I'll try to contribute programming info.

Just enjoyed a couple of hours on Polskie Radio 3 featuring Arcade Fire, Daft Punk
and Barclay James Harvest (hadn't thought of them in decades). There's interesting
radio available FTA. I also like the RNE (Spain) channels on C-band, though I miss
the days when I could get various CBC Radio feeds from Canada -- first on C-band
subcarriers and then on analog SCPC. So much to listen to, so little time.

Thanks for pointing this out. I think I can get Hispasat, but will need to put a new Ku dish
in a different location from my other dishes as trees on adjacent property block the view
of my steerable C/Ku dish past Intelsat 805. Maybe when weather gets warmer....

I've also thought of trying to get Hispasat for the Cuban TV and radio channels.

By the way, for your listings, RTCI (Radio Tunis Chaine Internationale) is mostly French,
with one-hour blocks in English, Spanish, Italian and maybe another language or two.
There is never any Arabic on this channel. RTCI plays nice dance music some nights
and it's always a treat to hear a station sign off with the national anthem (as RTCI
does at 8pm Eastern, though this hour can change with daylight/summer time). Their
hour in English is at 8am Eastern at the moment. However, for the past two weeks,
the audio is too hot on this feed and is distorted.

I also listen a lot to Polskie Radio 3, which has a good alternative-rock show on
I've just noticed that the audio quality on this channel is down today, sounds like it's

By the way, I'm a new user on satelliteguys.us. I've found useful information in the past
and finally decided to register and contribute. I tend to be a radio listener more than
TV watcher. Other favorites on Galaxy 19 include World Radio Network (though the
program line-up is not very interesting) and occasional listens to Radio Congo and

Thanks again to northgeorgia for your diligence in tracking G19 changes. I'm willing
to post my meager observations on FTA radio feeds on other sats (including program
highlights) if there is any interest among users. Not sure how many people out there

Welcome to satelliteguys :)
Thanks for the info on Radio Moscow, will check it out.
I don´t use my FTA setup that much for radio as I do for TV, i´d listen to RFI once in a while, but since I also have it on a sub service, I hadn´t noticed it was gone from G19.
Well as I mentioned RFI is alive and well on 30w, as I ran a listen check there before posting that info.
With your info on FTA radio, maybe you could start a thread on the FTA Shack on FTA radio stations out there, and share with us, your findings, insights, etc

I haven't paid as much attention to the radio channels as I should, mainly due to lack of time.

I'd be interested in any contemporary music programs, regardless of language, on radio or TV. I frequently see live music when I flip by the Lithuanian channel on 97, but I haven't tried to look up a schedule yet. I've also seen music on weekends on Phoenix Hong Kong Channel on 95W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SG6100 DiSEqC Monster Motor

Titanium ASC-1 and elevation motor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts