Galaxy 19 - Low Signal Quality

midihead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
I tried to reply to an older post dealing with this topic, however, it would not let me post since the article was too old.

For those of you who noticed significantly lower signal quality levels when G19 went live, have you noticed any improvement or the levels still the same for you?

I have had the same issue since G19 went live and nothing I have done has improved the signal quality. For example, my signal quality on TBN used to be in the 40's and 50's. Now it is in the 20's and 30's. Most of my other channels on G19 are in the same range. Channels on AMC4 are great and have always been so with no quality fluctuations. I have changed the switch, swapped LNB's, installed all new coax, checked for dish warping, checked for a level mast, factory reset the receiver, fine tuned overall pointing of the dish and adjusted the LNB's. I am in western Maryland if that helps.

I would appreciate feedback from those of you who have had the issue and would like to know if things improved for you or not.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Wow... no one wanted to touch this one at all? It had once been an issue of concern for a number of you but I haven't been able to find in the forums where these individuals said that their G19 signal quality had corrected itself or not. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

And yes, I have went through every troubleshooting step suggested in this forum with the exception of trying a new receiver. That is a rather expensive step to try. Something tells me that switching out the receiver wouldn't fix the issue anyway...

Thank you for your thoughts. :)

G19 satellite channels on 12177 came up in Signal Quality about a month ago. Not to the powerhouse levels that they once were, but about equal to other channels on G19. Transponders that were previously weak on G25 (11966 nad 11836) are now at very acceptable levels.

We are now working with AMC2 / 4 signals as the channels are moved. 11860 transponder has really taken a hit as it transferred to AMC 2.

What are the TPs on AMC2? C-band or Ku? Please provide the info as I dont see it on lyngsat. Frequencies and Symbol rate will me nice to have. What are the channels on this TP?

Last edited:
G19 was giving me fits all winter as detailed in another thread. Ended up being a bad LNB. Replaced that and my signals are solid on most G19 channels (even got 50+ for Al Jaz). Not saying you have a bad LNB, but just posting my experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)