Galaxy 19 on DirecTV World Direct?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jntcm

Original poster
Apr 5, 2014
USA
I just got a DirecTV World Direct Satellite dish (DTV36EDS). It came with 2 LNBs, one for 95 and one for 101. I want to pick up Galaxy 19. Can I do that with this dish? With the LNBs that came with it? Which one of the 2 LNBs do I use?

Thanks!

You may be able to use the dish but you will need a linear LNBF to receive Galaxy 19, the existing LNBFs are most likely circular or Ka-band.

I have the same dish and it will work for Galaxy 19. The LNBF you want to use is the oval one. It is linear with an L.O. of 10.75 GHz. The round LNBF is circular with an L.O. of 11.25 GHz for the DBS satellites.

I have the same dish and it will work for Galaxy 19. The LNBF you want to use is the oval one. It is linear with an L.O. of 10.75 GHz. The round LNBF is circular with an L.O. of 11.25 GHz for the DBS satellites.

Thanks for that info lost mesa, didn't realize that. Will keep my eye out for those dishes, don't think I have ever seen one. :up

Welcome to the site!

Yes the one for 95W can be used for 97W.

A number of years ago I demonstrated to a friend at DirecTV how I could bump the world direct dish 2 degrees and get half "their" international package for free from 97W. :)

Thanks for that info lost mesa, didn't realize that. Will keep my eye out for those dishes, don't think I have ever seen one. :up
They're only used for folks who want International channels on Directv as the non Spanish/English channels are on 95W (Galaxy 3C)
There was one at the apartment complex I use to live at (lots of Russians in the building)

the dimensions on those dishes are 36x24 and the whole dish can be skewed. You can always change out the DBS LNB for a 2nd KU and have 2 sats 6 degrees apart.

They're only used for folks who want International channels on Directv as the non Spanish/English channels are on 95W (Galaxy 3C)
There was one at the apartment complex I use to live at (lots of Russians in the building)

the dimensions on those dishes are 36x24 and the whole dish can be skewed. You can always change out the DBS LNB for a 2nd KU and have 2 sats 6 degrees apart.

Mighty be a little small for weaker signals but that would be a nice easy setup for a 2-sat dish.

I looked at a pic of one, never noticed one around here but I don't pay much attention to the pizza dishes...got my eyes peeled now. :up

A number of years ago I demonstrated to a friend at DirecTV how I could bump the world direct dish 2 degrees and get half "their" international package for free from 97W. :)

That's what I figured. A lot of that is fta.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts