galaxy 25 and amc4 on one dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shmew22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Kentucky
just wondering if there is a way to do this without a motor.... If anyone has done this please post pics..:D Thanks in advance....

can be done easily

Glorystar & SatelliteAV make a kit for the 36" Geosatpro dish but I've seen people put 2 LNB's next to each other and it works. With 101 being reall strong, I'd aim at 97W and then add the 2nd LNB for 101

Sadoun makes a monoblock lnbf for two 4 degrees apart satellite. Works on any standard dish with universal clamp assembly. I have done many a glorystar type set-up this way. drjohn

Here is what you need:

Monoblock-KLB1_small.jpg

KLB1* 0.4db Monoblock Linear Offset LNBF LNB

would that clamp work with an oval type p* dish? or just tack another lnb beside the original one?

Hey Ice, I'm thinking about using an old Superdish (33'') to get AMC4. Is the dish large enough? Also, I'm worried about the distance from the LNB (which I haven't gotten yet, but now I know which one to get, thanks) to the center of the dish. I got this equipment without any LNB adapters, so I will have to improvise how to put the lnb on that long and wide superdish arm. Is there a calculation we need to follow?

Hi all,
Newbie here, i've been reading some posts here to learn what dish size to use for Galaxy25 (like some chan on G25), I came up with two choices for me: one is "Directv World direct" dish (21 x 36 inch.), and other is a generic round 33 inch (from Taiwan). Both dishes are same price, relatively lower than most other dishes. My question is which dish will yield better Q, my thought would be the 33" one, please advise me.

I'd appreciate your advise, so I can buy tomorrow, have some time to work on setting up during the holiday.

Thanks ahead. Charlie

Pjcl, Superdishes already come with a bandstacked Ku-Band LNB (the one labeled FSS Stacked LNB), so you wouldn't have to change the LNB out unless you don't want a bandstacked LNB. These LNBs have advantages and disadvantages. Disadvantage is that you need a blind scan receiver (or you need to calculate what frequencies the horizontal transponders are stacked at and manually add them). Advantage is that you get both polarities down the same coax at the same time, unlike a voltage-switched LNB. This means you can split the signal to multiple receivers without limiting the transponders that can be seen by each receiver. As for the Superdish size, it is marginal for many of the weaker transponders, but worth a try if it is a free dish.

cttong9889, I would go with the 33" round dish, as the DTV International size is marginal (just like the Superdish).

Tron, thanks for the info. I do not have the lnb, however. I just have the dish, with the naked arm. That is why I was wondering about the distance between the center of the plate to the lnb I put in.

RTPi on AMC4

Also, how do you know which channels are "marginal"? I'm mostly interested in RTPi on AMC4. Can you tell by the transponder if this is a "marginal" channel or one that can be caught just fine with an elliptical dish?

It's not the fact that the dish is elliptical in shape, but rather that it is undersized for some of the weaker Ku signals. How well any given transponder will come in depends on your location in the footprint, so the best thing to do would be to give it a try with the smaller dish first. I wouldn't invest any money in one of the smaller dishes (DTV International or Superdish), but if you can find one for free, its worth a try :)

Hey Ice, I'm thinking about using an old Superdish (33'') to get AMC4. Is the dish large enough? Also, I'm worried about the distance from the LNB (which I haven't gotten yet, but now I know which one to get, thanks) to the center of the dish. I got this equipment without any LNB adapters, so I will have to improvise how to put the lnb on that long and wide superdish arm. Is there a calculation we need to follow?

I've got one on AMC4, picks up the strong transponders no sweat, took a while to fine tune for the weaker ones.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wildlife visit pt2

motor clamp ideas ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts