Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I’ve been listening to this radio station for a few months on my satellite system. Somewhere around Thursday of last week the audio dropped off while I was listening to a program. The channel ID is Star5 and AVR and the audio is on the right channel. Here is the freq and SR info. 11835V 20770. The other radio channels on that transponder work fine. Can someone confirm for me if this station is really gone? –Thanks.

Try 11836 with S/R 20765 TO 20770
I am hearing it now.

Still doesn't work. This is strange because it worked before and just went out. I get good signal and quality on the transponder but no audio. :(

Have you tried to unplug the receiver then plug it back in (not just soft power off)? Any other connections (i.e., to a stereo system) that might have become loose?

OK, I got it to work again. Here's what I did.

Deleted channel and re-scanned transponder. The receiver found the channel but it still produced no audio.

Deleted the channel AND the transponder. I then added the transponder back using the EXACT SAME freq and symbol rate info. Re-scanned transponder again and the receiver found the channel and now produces audio.

Strange.

FYI - The receiver is a F.S. Merc II

I listen to Alex a couple of times a week, but not every day. The sound has gone out on me several times. Sometimes it comes back (even then, it has gone out again) and sometimes it don't? When I go there, if it's on I'll listen, if not I go elsewhere. I'm listening to him as I type this. I haven't thought about or tried a Re-Scan or a deleted TP then Re-Scan. This gives me an option, the next time it goes out....
Thanks...!!

I listen to Jeff Rense at night. Alex Jones is a bit much at times. I also listen to WRN on the same bird.

I listen to Alex a couple of times a week, but not every day. The sound has gone out on me several times. Sometimes it comes back (even then, it has gone out again) and sometimes it don't? When I go there, if it's on I'll listen, if not I go elsewhere. I'm listening to him as I type this. I haven't thought about or tried a Re-Scan or a deleted TP then Re-Scan. This gives me an option, the next time it goes out....
Thanks...!!

Mine would go in and out all the time too. This time it went out and never came back. The stream seems a bit more stable now that I did my voodoo on it.

seems odd that you had to delete the transponder too. Usually deleting the channel is sufficient

seems odd that you had to delete the transponder too. Usually deleting the channel is sufficient

Especially when you consider that other radio channels on that transponder worked. Odd indeed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts