General Sports Trivia

Q: If Ted Williams were still alive, he could walk up to an active player and say, "I got two hits off that guy one game. How did you do when you faced him?'' To which active player would he be talking and to which pitcher would he be referring?

Q: If Ted Williams were still alive, he could walk up to an active player and say, "I got two hits off that guy one game. How did you do when you faced him?'' To which active player would he be talking and to which pitcher would he be referring?

The player would have to be Julio Franco and the pitcher would have to be Jim "Kitty" Kaat.

The player would have to be Julio Franco and the pitcher would have to be Jim "Kitty" Kaat.

Excellent Job!!! Williams batted against Kaat the final day of the 1959 season and had two hits against him. Kaat walked Franco in 1982 when Julio was a rookie. In other words, there still is an active player who faced a guy who faced Ted. Is that a great bit of trivia or what?

We all know that th NHL had the original six. Once the NHL decided to expand how many teams did they expand to during the first expansion and who are they?

This year when Texas Tech came back from 31 points down to beat Minnesota in the Insight Bowl, it was the largest comeback in college bowl history.

1) Who had the previous largest comeback? (easy)

2) The Minnesota collapse cost coach Glen Mason his job. Who lost their job as a result of the previous largest comeback? (medium)

3) The two teams from 1) are forever historically linked. How? (hard)

This year when Texas Tech came back from 31 points down to beat Minnesota in the Insight Bowl, it was the largest comeback in college bowl history.

1) Who had the previous largest comeback? (easy)

2) The Minnesota collapse cost coach Glen Mason his job. Who lost their job as a result of the previous largest comeback? (medium)

3) The two teams from 1) are forever historically linked. How? (hard)

1) Marshall

2) East Carolina coach?

That's cheating. You work in Huntington.;) His name was Steve Logan!

But how are Marshall and ECU historically linked?

I can't remember. I actually work in Charleston now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)