Genie 2

CLASSICDIRECTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2022
Shreveport Louisiana USA
I am wanting to get a genie 2 just to play around with it -not for tv- and I am wondering if it will let me connect a client to it or if it will not
It has no service and that’s why I’m wondering

Ok, I have an old h20 would I be able to scan for channels since it’s not on my account anymore? If not would DIRECTV let me activate it as I have 1 hr54-200 1 c51 1 c61k and a h24
Probably not able to scan for channels and no they will not activate any deactivated receivers

Probably not able to scan for channels and no they will not activate any deactivated receivers
Why would they not activate it ?
He has a D* account, thats been the rule, you can't activate it as your First recvr, but as a secondary one I think they may, That being said, its WAY old so maybe not.

Also prob not because it might be leased because I don’t remember when or where I got it
I thought these were Your recvrs, not ones you picked up.

If it was leased, the person on the lease Could be charged for it.
Then again, if D* told them they didn't want it back .... they really are not suppose to sell them, as the can't be reactivated if they are not Owned.

Why would they not activate it ?
He has a D* account, thats been the rule, you can't activate it as your First recvr, but as a secondary one I think they may, That being said, its WAY old so maybe not.
No. They will not activate any older boxes that have been deactivated. Regardless if it’s the 2nd or the 10th on your account. Been that way for awhile now

Side note if you want Genie 2 (HS17) you cannot have any receivers on the account other than the HS17 and the clients. If those receivers were active they would replace them with clients when upgrading to the Genie 2.

Genie 1 (HR44/HR54) you can have other receivers active.

Dumb rule but wanted to mention it.

No. They will not activate any older boxes that have been deactivated. Regardless if it’s the 2nd or the 10th on your account. Been that way for awhile now
Yes these are mine but you used to be able to buy them from Best Buy etc, they activated it because I told them it was a additional receiver and I’m going to do the same with my hr22

Yes these are mine but you used to be able to buy them from Best Buy etc, they activated it because I told them it was a additional receiver and I’m going to do the same with my hr22
Buying from Best Buy ended way back in 2006 ... when they started bringing out the D* branded recvrs.

I know I’m saying I bought it from a store around that time and it ended in 2012 as I have seen thr22 and hr24 and d12 in the retail packageing
The HR24s were never for sale, lease only, unless you got it from a Directv employee. When the HR20s came out, there was a lot of confusion because at first they were for purchase, but later were leases. The boxes weren't marked as such and the buyers weren't told about it. Then later the boxes were clearly marked as leases.

The HR24s were never for sale, lease only, unless you got it from a Directv employee. When the HR20s came out, there was a lot of confusion because at first they were for purchase, but later were leases. The boxes weren't marked as such and the buyers weren't told about it. Then later the boxes were clearly marked as leases.
Oh ok well here’s a tip - buy any hd dvr or hd receiver as long as it’s not a genie and tell them they sent it to you as an additional or replacement and they will activate it, I have a friend who had a friend and they got DTV to activate it and I did the same with the h20 and a hr22 this morning, so my system is an hr54 2 c61k an h24 h20 and hr22

Oh ok well here’s a tip - buy any hd dvr or hd receiver as long as it’s not a genie and tell them they sent it to you as an additional or replacement and they will activate it, I have a friend who had a friend and they got DTV to activate it and I did the same with the h20 and a hr22 this morning, so my system is an hr54 2 c61k an h24 h20 and hr22
Okay, and what does that have to do with my post?

Buying from Best Buy ended way back in 2006 ... when they started bringing out the D* branded recvrs.
I know I’m saying I bought it from a store around that time and it ended in 2012 as I have seen thr22 and hr24 and d12 in the retail packageing
Are you not like 14 years old, if you bought it as Jimbo gave the time frame, you would not even been born?

Even in 2012, you would of been, what 4 years old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)