Genie w Sling Box in Canada

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
Any idea if the sling box will give a regional error or anything since it is connected to the internet? I live in Canada and want to hook up my Genie to it and use it for TV in the garage.

Connecting the Genie would be high risk. Connecting the totally separate sling box that is just streaming your genie picture, I would say is very low risk.

Separate companies, no shared data between DirecTV and Sling. Even for a Dish customer I would consider using an external sling box in Canada to be low risk.

Not planning on connecting the genie to the network.. the sling box connects to the Internet and the genie hooks up to the sling via Component or HDMI.. I don't see any risk in that as there is no communication between the receiver and the network .. it's simply the picture that is transferred.. I'm curious only if the sling box itself is a us only device ?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not planning on connecting the genie to the network.. the sling box connects to the Internet and the genie hooks up to the sling via Component or HDMI.. I don't see any risk in that as there is no communication between the receiver and the network .. it's simply the picture that is transferred.. I'm curious only if the sling box itself is a us only device ?

Gotcha.

Dont even bother with the HDMI cable to the sling....Get the specialty cable (if needed) for the component side setup...

Cousins in Toronto have their box connected 23/7 for the past 2 years. No problem except for on demand not working for them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)