GeosatPro DVR 1100C Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Raysat67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Easton, PA
Well the impossible just happened this Christmas. My wife surprised me with a new GeosatPro 1100C receiver! How she knew what and where to buy one of these literally took me by surprise. My question is whether to keep it or not since I recently purchased a MicroHD which I love and is by far the best receiver I have owned. Can anyone give me any insight or comparison as to its capability in regards to the MicroHD? I haven't taken it out of the box yet sice I may return it, but from reading the outside of the box it doesn't seem too much different than the MicroHD (I am I wrong here?). I currently have a motorized ku setup with hopes to someday have C band.

Any thoughts from 1100C owners would be great.

Thanks.

The DVR1100c is the predecessor to the microHD. It only tunes mpeg2 DVBS channels. While it is a great receiver that we have distributed for many years, it is at the end of its life cycle.

Before opening, reconsider a trade-up to another microHD and a large USB drive for the same price. If it was purchased through us, mention this post and we will waive the restocking fee if you wish to exchange.

Happy New Year!.

Thanks Brian I may just do that...I believe it was purchased from your company. She did purchase a 16GB usb drive which I intend to keep so I will either trade up for another micro or perhaps some other goodies.

Thanks again.

Happy New Year!

The 1100 does have a plug and play option for Glorystar where it loads the channels automatically as they are added. But since you have a Micro I'm sure you know how to scan for new channels ;)

Well, here's my take on it: You have a GREAT wife!

Now, don't disappoint her by not seeming grateful. Setup the gift receiver in your tv cabinet, and set the MicroHD on top of it. PRETEND to use the gift receiver, while actually using the MicroHD.

The odds are she'll never realize which receiver is actually working, but she will be HAPPY you are happy and using her thoughtful gift.

LOL!!! Primestar that is too funny!!! That actually crossed my mind for a brief second! She since has discovered the newly purchased MicroHD and was very good about it, and like you said, "she's a great wife". I'm lucky to have someone put up with my many hobbies...and now this makes her an enabler for my FTA sickness.
Still holding out hope for that C band dish in the back yard someday...with her approval of course.

Now, don't disappoint her by not seeming grateful. Setup the gift receiver in your tv cabinet, and set the MicroHD on top of it. PRETEND to use the gift receiver, while actually using the MicroHD.

since they use the same remote code you'd need to have the 1100 switched off

Personally== I would keep the 1100c, since 97W is the main bird we watch - and record and the ability to upgrade from the sat. of Glorystar Channels. The clock always stays in sync, by design of staying on 97W, again, for Glorystar.
The remote codes are the same, so the two receivers are not near each other.
IF you do not watch AND record 97W, then this would not be important for you. But that is why I said "personally"!

Edit to note, since July, we have not watched more than 3 hours of non 97W TV ; we are not the usual hobby-ests.\POP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)