GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, my HDVR3500 died yesterday. It no longer boots, the red LED comes on, but nothing else. All l I get is a humming/buzzing noise and no picture. Tried unplugging and letting it sit for a while, also tried the manual reload of the firmware using the front panel buttons, no luck :( Resurrected my old Viewsat Platinum Ultra Lite until I can find a replacement... no HD, but at least I have a few good channels...

Is it the latest firmware in it? It may be the screen blanking issue, if it is the latest firmware installed. Should be able to telnet into it and bring it back, if it's that issue.

Is it the latest firmware in it? It may be the screen blanking issue, if it is the latest firmware installed. Should be able to telnet into it and bring it back, if it's that issue.
Yes it had the latest firmware. But I'm using a Mac and have never been able to access the receiver remotely...

Of course Macs can Telnet, but my understanding is that you can't Telnet into the 3500 from a Mac, currently? Yes, No?

Yes. We do not support telnet publicly, because the receiver can be rendered useless via telnet. But if anyone knows what they are doing, our receiver is just a Linux STB. Great chip, great decoding.

Reactions: . Raine
Yes. We do not support telnet publicly, because the receiver can be rendered useless via telnet. But if anyone knows what they are doing, our receiver is just a Linux STB. Great chip, great decoding.
I'm not that knowledgeable of Linux, thus I don't like to play around with the receiver other than what I can do with the remote. But I really really really want a satellite & channel editor, and would also like to be able to create and upload my own custom channel 0 screen for the FTA mode, similar to what is on the GloryStar mode. Being able to disable or turn off unused features (browser, XMBC, etc) via a setup menu would be nice too. Other than that I love this receiver...

Reactions: SatelliteAV
I'm not that knowledgeable of Linux, thus I don't like to play around with the receiver other than what I can do with the remote. But I really really really want a satellite & channel editor, and would also like to be able to create and upload my own custom channel 0 screen for the FTA mode, similar to what is on the GloryStar mode. Being able to disable or turn off unused features (browser, XMBC, etc) via a setup menu would be nice too. Other than that I love this receiver...
Everyone of your points are understood and well taken. I will put these questions into our follow up list and will work on doing so. Frankly, it's fun to be able to take a product to ever new levels.

Reactions: dsmith0429
For the Record here are Firmware versions and dates for HDVR3500 available upon request:

486 Feb 12, 2015
504 May 5, 2015
606 Apr 14, 2015
627 Apr 23, 2015
638 Apr 29, 2015
739 May 26, 2015
768 Jun 3, 2015
807 Jan 11, 2015
1152 Oct 12, 2015
1248 Nov 20, 2015
1297 Dec 23, 2015
1314 Jan 25, 2016
1339 April 18 2016
1344 May 11, 2016

I will post links as time permits.

Maybe a good opportunity to begin looking at alternate receiver options?
I like the HDVR3500 receiver, just got the FedEx notice it will be delivered today.

I don't like anything Android, so that eliminates quite a few receivers.

I've been looking at other receivers, but can't find one that doesn't have internet connected services. I'm not into streaming TV, so I wish there was still receivers that only had DVB-S & DVB-S2 and nothing else. Guess those days are gone. Also would like one with a NTSC tuner as well.

The closest I found that has the features I want is the Linkbox 9000i Local, but sadly it has IPTV too, but appears to have less of the other stuff.

How do I reset the receiver from PAL to NTSC? I accidently changed it, and it has a rolling screen so I can't see the menu to change it back.
Figured it out. it was actually the resolution, had it set on a 50Hz setting and it didn't like it, got it back on 60Hz and back to normal. I used my SatLink WS-6906 meter to fix, it has an A/V input and I was able to see the settings and fix.

Don't remember if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if Mediabox Editor Studio will work with the HDVR3500? If it will, what settings do I use?

OR, I also found Setedit, but didn't see any GEOSATpro models listed, but with so many receivers, I'm thinking there may be one that will work, just don't know which to choose. Not free, but not priced too bad. Going to contact them and see if they have a solution.

Last edited:
I've searched and can't find an answer to this question: is there a way to copy recorded TV shows from the internal flash drive to an external drive through the onscreen menus? There is a data transfer option, but it seems to only work on the system data files.

I've searched and can't find an answer to this question: is there a way to copy recorded TV shows from the internal flash drive to an external drive through the onscreen menus? There is a data transfer option, but it seems to only work on the system data files.
Martyn, there is only way to connect to receiver from Windows computer.

1. Make sure your receiver and computer are on the same subnet.
2. Go to Menu > Settings > Network setting and write down your HDVR3500 IP address (i.e. 192.168.1.15)
3. Open My Computer on Windows machine and punch into the address field the IP address with back slashes \\192.168.1.15
4. It will reveal share > just double click it and select the drive on the HDVR3500 and go to Record subfolder
5. Copy the TS file - it is the video file you need.

Let me know how it went.

Thank you,
Eugene

Is there a device that can covert the signals from FTA satellite and convert them to cable channels or the old analog tv signals so that I can program them in an old analog TV or VCR? Trying to setup something that will help an elderly person who doesn't understand tech, and gets confused with more than one remote or complicated multi device remotes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)