GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does the firmware have the North and South latitudes mixed up? If you tell it you are in the Southern hemisphere will it USALS correctly?

I had reported to Satellite AV that I thought the North/South calculation was reversed on the earliest beta versions, but hadn't had any USALS positioning problems with the public firmware releases until 979.

The error is in the default position on the receiver is set to 0. Well, most controllers don't have position 0.

As Long as Satellite Position is set to existing position in the Motor Mover/Controller then you select go to position of that value, the new software will not freak out like previous.

Also, there is crosstalk between USALS and DISEQC, we are trying to resolve.

We do have later software we are testing and will post here shortly. The Recording is still being worked on and the motor is still being worked on.

Last edited:
To try newer firmware go to Menu > Manager > Version > Update by Network and select Firmware 992

I will update changes shortly.

The motor control problem is not just with USALS in 979. I had my C band dish slam over to the east limit while setting up 121W, C Band, DISEqC. As soon as I selected 121W in the Dish Settings-Satellite menu, dish took off and swung all the way east.
I used the dish controllers remote and moved the dish back and then hurried up and set DISEqC mode, positioner settings and stored a position for 121W, was all right then. Did the same thing when I tried setting up a few other C band sats

Just had something weird happen - I had the receiver on 101W, C band. Entered the menu to look at settings for 121W, went to Dish settings and selected 121W, dish started moving. I figured that the dish was moving to 121W, but when I exited out of the menu the receiver was showing 101W and the dish was up against the west limit.

Had these problems with the firmware that the receiver came with and then the next firmware seemed ok, seems like with 979 it's back.

Could someone PM me on how to setup the internet connection. Thanks
I hope you don't mind here in public, hopefully this will be helpful to others as well:

To setup wi-fi on GEOSATpro HDVR3500

Go to Menu > Settings > Network Setting
NetWork will be highlighted with Ethernet option selected by default
Click OK button to select options, then choose Wi-Fi by going down arrow then press ok,
The list of available Wi-Fi networks will appear, please select your network
Enter password and this will enable your wifi.

Menu, settings and you will be on Dish Setting setup menu, scroll all the way to the bottom of the list for Network. Push right arrow to move over to where you can configure network settings.

Receiver locked up earlier this evening around six, totally unresponsive to remote and buttons on the front, picture frozen with no sound, firmware 979. Switched it off/on from the switch on the back and it's been all right since.

To try newer firmware go to Menu > Manager > Version > Update by Network and select Firmware 992

I will update changes shortly.

It doesn't seem to work.

Going to Menu/Manager/Version, there's no Update by Network option. Shows USB Upgrade, Online Upgrade and OTA Upgrade. After selecting Online Upgrade, it shows connected but doesn't list a firmware 992, it only shows the local 979. OTA option, [really actually FTA, not OTA, judging from the specs listed] doesn't work either.

Update via satellite has traditionally been referred to as an OTA update. Simply meaning that it updates via a data stream delivered wirelessly. FTA means that a signal is unencrypted. In many markets it is used to describe unencrypted content delivery by both satellite and terrestrial.

I also am only seeing version 979 available via the Internet update. The new file appears to not have been loaded onto the server.

Reactions: . Raine
Found some other things with 979 while doing some major blind scanning for preseason football tonight.

I reported a page or two back about when "Delete All" TPs from a particular satellite, the satellite changed to Astra 177W (or Satellite #1 in the list of satellites). For instance, if I selected SES-2 C-band, and deleted all TP's, the receiver was not listing SES-2 at the top of the right hand pane when getting ready to select and execute a blind scan. I'd have to down arrow through the sat list to re-select SES-2 C-band before doing the blind scan. In addition to that behavior with "Delete All", it's also doing it with the deletion of a single TP. I delete a single TP from the list, the "active" satellite becomes Astra at 177W (Sat position 1) until I reselect the satellite my dish is pointed at.

I also found something while trying to do a blind scan shortcut. Normally, I've been choosing the satellite from the SAT list in the satellite setup screen before going to the "satellite search" screen for the blind scan. Later in the evening, I noted that you can select the satellite to blind scan from the "satellite search" screen since the sat listed at the top can be changed through a SAT list. When I take that shortcut I have problems. For instance, I selected "AMC-16" from the SAT list in the "satellite setup" screen, then went to "Satellite Search" and did my blindscan. When that finished and I checked out the results, I moved my dish to AMC-6 Ku-band and instead of selecting "AMC-6 Ku" from the "Satellite Setup" screen, I took a shortcut and did it from the "satellite search" before I did the blind scan. When the blind scan finished, I saw my AMC-6 channel results in the channel list, immediately followed by the AMC-16 channels (so they were combined in the channel list with the channel list title reading "AMC-6 Ku"). I don't know why the channel lists got combined together and not have the AMC-16 channels in their own "AMC16" section of the channel list while the "AMC-6 Ku" channel list would have only the AMC-6 Ku channels. I don't know if the shortcut I chose resultsin a channel list bug or if it's meant to be that way and that I should not take a shortcut before doing the blind scan.

I still have the occasional previously-reported issue of signal was found and channels written in blind scan, displays as "no signal" when tuned to despite the carrier stilll existing with good signal strength as seen on a spectrum analyzer. I haven no idea how many if any football feeds were affected by this issue keeping me from seeing a signal was a football feed and which game it was.

I have installed the new version (979 firmware) and for a while everything worked pretty normal. Lately, not so much. What a headache, This receiver stop saving sat positions and is no longer sending power to my Ku dish motor. During scanning a sat the "moving to" goes on for ever. Sometimes I have to turn off receiver so it will goes away. That only works once in awhile and must of all it doesn't save scanned channels. Help please!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.