GeosatPro - How many satellites max? Can edit list?

bill190

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
For the GeosatPro receivers, how many satellites max can be stored?

Can the satellite list be edited?

Can satellites be added?

The reason I ask is that I have a motorized C/Ku dish and can see from 58 deg. to 148 deg., and need to list each satellite position twice in my current Fortec Mercury receiver. Once for C and a second listing for Ku.

I currently have 100 satellite listings in my Mercury.

They constantly move these satellites around... ...so I have decided to just list each satellite position (like 58.0_C and 58.0_Ku) and not list the satellite names.

Then from time to time I will just scan each satellite position for both C and Ku. If they have moved a new satellite there, I will pickup whatever is there. No need to change my satellite listing ever again unless there is a new satellite launched to a currently unused position.

Anyway that is well over 100 satellite listings and many FTA receivers have a max of 100 satellites!

Sorry, I have not tested for the maximum number of satellite positions. I believe that the default hobbyist list has 80+ satellites preprogrammed and have never run out of positions when editing satellite lists. I am in Europe now, so would be unable to test until next week.

You may easily edit, add, delete satellites, transponders and channels using the Channel Master editor program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts