Getting CBS-HD in a non O&O Market?

BrianMis

Original PIT Dweller
Mar 29, 2005
Western PA
Was wondering if anyone has had any success in getting CBS-HD in a non O&O market?

My local CBS station is located about 50 miles from my address, and my house is in a valley which makes it almost impossible to receive any OTA signals.

I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers on getting this channel added or tips for the same.

Thanks!

kavula

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 30, 2005
I don't live in an O&O area, but I once called E* and asked if I were eligible. I was, but I didn't attempt to get it because I don't have a 61.5 dish. I don't know if this was a fluke or not, as I was under the impression that digital white areas don't exist yet, and I'm in an analog white area.

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
I am in a O & O market ( Detroit area ) and still could not get it because I am Grade B for the Toledo, Ohio station which is about a 50 min. highway drive for me.

BrianMis

Original PIT Dweller
Mar 29, 2005
Western PA
Well today I answered my own question, finally decided to try my luck and called dish to see if I could get the channel added. After telling the CSR what I wanted he put me on hold then came back saying I could get it and at no charge!

So now I have CBSHD out of NY with no additional charge and it only took all of 7 minutes.

It's a good day, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)