getting peachtree tv outside of atlanta

bravesfan19

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2009
georgia
I am new to this site, but I am an avid atlanta bravesfan and a dish network subscriber. I live in north georgia, about 20 miles ouside of the area to get atlanta local channels which includes peachtree tv that will carry about 45 braves games this year. My question is, what are my options for getting peachtree tv on my satellite? Can I change my address, settings, or even will the ota antenna work?

I have a dish 500 with 119, 110, 61.5 which now get chattanooga, tn local channels.

Welcome to the site. Do a search on "Moving"...see what ya come up with;).

I had done a "move" to the Atlanta area about 7 years ago in order to get all the Braves games. Last year, despite that address, I was unable to get Peachtree. I get Directv during baseball season so that I can get the MLB package. I used to get that package on DISh but then MLB signed and excusive contract with DirecTV.

Don't hold your breath on being able to get the Peachtree channel...:mad:

I am new to this site, but I am an avid atlanta bravesfan and a dish network subscriber. I live in north georgia, about 20 miles ouside of the area to get atlanta local channels which includes peachtree tv that will carry about 45 braves games this year. My question is, what are my options for getting peachtree tv on my satellite? Can I change my address, settings, or even will the ota antenna work?

I have a dish 500 with 119, 110, 61.5 which now get chattanooga, tn local channels.

I had done a "move" to the Atlanta area about 7 years ago in order to get all the Braves games. Last year, despite that address, I was unable to get Peachtree.

the difference between last year and this year is before Atlanta Big 4 networks were on CONUS (whole US) but the rest were on Spotbeam. Your location says Louisiana so you most definitely are out of the spotbeam

The OP Is in North Georgia so he should be OK

Peachtree might be available to the entire Braves territory this season because Dish launched Peachtree HD for Atlanta subs last month (it was never made available last season, removed after being uplinked). I want to assume the carriage between the two is tied together?

Several months ago during a Charley Chat the question about Peachtree being available outside the Atlanta area was brought up and they gave the standard "we are in negotiations" answer. My local cable company [Charter] and I believe Direct carry Peachtree in the Southeast for Braves games only. It's funny because one of the main reasons I originally picked Dish over Direct was because they had exclusive rights to the old TurnerSouth channel that aired several Braves games each year.

bravesfan19, I am in South Carolina and I called up Dish, changed my service address to an Atlanta GA address, find one on Peachtree St. add an apt # to it, write it down somewhere so if you have a problem when you call Dish you will remember it. Change the service address and tell them to add the ATL locals. Both spotbeams on 129 and 61.5 reach me in SC and I am sure you won't have much problem as well. An over-the-air antenna might work for you too as I am able to get Peachtree TV OTA here in SC if the weather is right. In addition, WPCH is available in SD and HD in ATL's local package. Hope this helps. Braves fan here too.

Does anybody know if the Atlanta spotbeam on 61.5 can be picked up in NW North Carolina? I'm thinking about "moving." Thanks!

Does anybody know if the Atlanta spotbeam on 61.5 can be picked up in NW North Carolina? I'm thinking about "moving." Thanks!

What town or city are you in or near?

Most all of the southeast locals are on spotbeam 17, which seems to be really large. I don't think you would have a problem if you conside NW NC places like Boone NC or up near Erwin TN area.

Yes if you have a friend that lives in the atlanta local area, you can use their address and the call center will turn on your locals... You can basically get the spotbeam (signal) for the atlanta locals anywhere north of warmsprings ga to mid-tennessee although E* won't tell you that... I went camping in Mississippi and took my dish along and still got my locals...

My in-laws live in SC just over the border from Augusta GA. They have Direct and they get Peachtree. BTW, Direct also provides the Augusta locals in HD.