Getting Sanyo vcr recognised

P_A_P_Y

Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
Hello everybody,

This is my first post here :eek:

I have read most of the post similar to my problem but could not find a solution.

I am trying to get my receiver to recognise my VCR.

Following few post here i found out how to get the code that make my uhf controller to operate my VCR ,
and in an other post i got how tu find out what that code is .

Normally it should be easy to type it in my Bell Express-vu system to be able to create a entry to record a show at a spécific time.

But the code "149" code given me by the flashing light of my receiver get a "This code is not in the VCR system list " when i try to enter it in the menu for recording my show .!!!

Hoping that all this is clear to you :confused:

Hey... Thakns for the answer slvrgnsprman Unfortunately, i have tried this number, with no luck.....

I've decide to try every one of them starting with 001 and up. now in the 200 and still nogo

I find funny that I could find it in the scan procédure pressing the power button .
Wish there was a way to see what list of code this process uses so i could count the number of time I press power and refer to this list to get the right one ....

Thanks Again slvrgnsprman for trying to help me !

Any other Suggestion ?

Well I see the help is getting a little on the funny side........

Too bad I was under the impression this place was a serious one.......

Thanks for all the great tips .............specially to yardline the " Senior Member"

Hey... Thakns for the answer slvrgnsprman Unfortunately, i have tried this number, with no luck.....

I've decide to try every one of them starting with 001 and up. now in the 200 and still nogo

I find funny that I could find it in the scan procédure pressing the power button .
Wish there was a way to see what list of code this process uses so i could count the number of time I press power and refer to this list to get the right one ....

Thanks Again slvrgnsprman for trying to help me !

Any other Suggestion ?

Papy,

Don' t know if this will work, but after you get the remote to accept the code using the scan procedure and lock it in, there is a procedure for checking a remote code. Here it is:

Hold down the VCR Input Button (at the top) until all four inputs light. Then press the # key twice. The VCR light will blink. Count the blinks and you will know the code.

For instance, when I try it with my remote, I get a quick blink (meaning 0), a very small pause, 4 regular blinks (meaning 4), a pause, and then 1 regular blink. My code is 041.

Let me know if that works,
Geoff

Entering the code

Thanks Jeff for trying to help..............:up

Unfortunately i tried your method and the code "149" code given me by the flashing light of my receiver get a "This code is not in the VCR system list " when i try to enter it in the menu !!!

Is there a way to see what is exactly on this list ?

I know there is a good code in the system because i can operate the VCR with the remote.
the problem is to transfer this working code found by the on/off procedure in the menu :confused:

I know that some of the older VCR/DVD won't work with the Dish remote. You might just be SOL on it. One possiblity if you really need it to be on one remote is to get a Harmony remote like the 880. A little expensive but will work with most all other devices.

I have tried finding some codes for the dish remote and just can't get them to work. But the question is how much do you use the VCR with the dish? If it is not much then just keep the other remote around, if alot try another universal remote to control it all.

I know that some of the older VCR/DVD won't work with the Dish remote.

Thanks nmfiredawg, but mine is working fine, I can record, stop FF Rewind ant turn it off.

I just can not get it to record a film when I'm not there... it is asking me to enter the VCR code

I have this issue (I think it's this issue) with a Dish 322. The actual remote will control the VCR fine (Samsung VCR - code 675 I think), but that's not what I want. When you go to VCR setup in the 322's menus and you're supposed to enter a code, it won't take that code. So instead of using the IR blasters to trigger the VCR, two timers need to be set...the VCR and the receiver.

When you go to VCR setup in the 322's menus and you're supposed to enter a code, it won't take that code. So instead of using the IR blasters to trigger the VCR, two timers need to be set...the VCR and the receiver.

Not sure i understand the procedure... can you detail ?

I just can not get it to record a film when I'm not there... it is asking me to enter the VCR code
You need to acquaint yourself with the manual for the receiver. It details how to program the receiver (as opposed to the remote) to control your VCR. You need to have a blank tape available to test.

We cannot read the manual for you as most of us have DISH receivers.

The codes listed in my receiver manuals for Sanyo VCRs are in the 500-700 range.

We cannot read the manual for you as most of us have DISH receivers.

The codes listed in my receiver manuals for Sanyo VCRs are in the 500-700 range.

Thanks for the tip, I have read and fully studued that book , and all the doc. iI could find on the subject before posting here.

Like i mentionned earlier I am now testing the number one by one with a blanc tape and i'm up in the mid 300 ........

Thanks again for trying to help me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)