Ghosting

chunchma

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Apr 27, 2004
Milford, New Jersey
I have a Sony 60 inch set that I have noticed ghosting on. I seem to have started when I received an upgrade from Dish Network, but I have also noticed it when I put in a DVD. Would an upgrade from Dish effect watching DVD's?

I have tried the ghosting setting on the set and each setting does not change it at all.

Does anyone one know what would cause ghosting on both the TV viewing and DVD viewing?

You didn't say how you have your equipment hooked up to the TV , i.e. s-video, composite or RF (that might help pinpoint your problem). The first thing that I would do is check your cables. Poor quality cables can lead to ghosting. If you have ghosting on all of your TV inputs he problem is likely the TV itself.

A lot of people blame DISH for a lot of their problems but, believe me, the ghosting ON YOUR TV is NOT caused by a DISH receiver software update (think about that, the software doesn't even go to your TV, how could DISH software effect it?).

I suspect you have a convergence problem with the TV. One of the color guns may be out of position and this would look like ghosting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts