Glitch On Request Webpage?

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
At the time of this post I am at home and I was going to the request page to make a request - I have not been on here since yesterday and THAT was at work - so this is my first visit to the request page at home. So, I am seeing some guy's name Brian who has requested Madonna's "Live to Tell" and Brian only has 1 request remaining this hour and 3 the rest of the day. Well, I am Eric - not Brian, so is this a glitch I'm seeing today that I did not see at work? Yesterday, I saw MY name (at work) and the appropriate number of requests in queue and plus the remaining day's requests. I have cleaned by browser history, deleted cache/cookies, tried both Chrome and Firefox, plus re-booted - wash, rinse, repeat. Still seeing Bryan's request and the day's balance. And, my name's still Eric :)

Eric

Not sure since it uses cookies. Do you live with someone named Brian? (Maybe a dog named Brian who likes Madonna?) :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• brian.jpg
    brian.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 136
Honest answer...

Each hour there is space set aside for 3 or 4 requests an hour. If we did more then that then the DJ's would sound screwed up.

Because of the amount of listeners and requests we got yesterday I had to change it to 1 request at a time with up to 3 per day so that way others could get requests in too or else it would be just one person playing requests.

In addition under the DMCA broadcasting rules, we must delay the requests so in addition or having the wait this time the request needs to also wait for another request slot to open up in the playlist.

If there are other requests in the queue you will see the request that others have made along with their name. (You won't see their location) to let you know that there are others before you.

I have thought about having blocks of times where we do more requests but the issue is the wait time that is required by the DMCA.

Oh wait I supposedly requested beastie boys! Screen shot included below. Just to add, I used my 3 requests up already and says I have one left.

SGradio.png

Not sure if that is you or not... showing a different IP address.

Looks like it will play in 4 songs. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-02 at 7.07.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-02 at 7.07.34 PM.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 159
No,I didn't request those listed that I can see. Maybe we are all on the same Isp provider and its getting confused.

Sorry...been away for a couple of hours and couldn't comment - I just went back to the request page and everything looks normal. I did not make a request, I see no one else's name and their request in queue, and I have a "balance" of 1 request this hour, 2 today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts