Go Comcast!! New HD's

We in Natick, have all the Springfield listed channels and WSBKDT-HD.

It used to be UPN, now it is independent and doesn't show anything good or anything in HD, but the channel comes in in glorious 1080i, with a SD picture!

Go figure.

Well Springfield is too far west to get WSBK a Boston market area...

We in Natick, have all the Springfield listed channels and WSBKDT-HD.

It used to be UPN, now it is independent and doesn't show anything good or anything in HD, but the channel comes in in glorious 1080i, with a SD picture!

Go figure.

I get the SD WSBK 38 channel, but for some reason they won't let us get the HD. If WSBK let's a market get SD they shouldn't mind the HD.

Comcast in Boston is suppose to be the first to get the HDnets come the knew year, hopefully it's soon, I going to reduce my E*Platinum to AT100 and get Comcast again. I sick of E* saying they are adding HD RSNs and then nothing, and now increasing prices and not adding any worth wild. I'll take NESN in HD 24/7 anyday:)

Comcast Little Rock just lit up Versus/Golf combo channel HD in place of INHD2.

Looks to be pretty lame.

1) Nothing on WSBK is HD anymore, period

2) HD channels take up alot of bandwidth, so why bother for WSBK

Well the thing is if you look at the amount of coverage that the station gets as a local in boston it has the potential of being the biggest indepedent tv station in north america. I think both satellite companies in canada offer it a la cart and with dtv or dish it has a fair distance for the marketplace...back in the day it has red sox games (pretty much is mostly on nesn now...) I remember the movie loft with Dana Hershey?

If the station went FTA that could really be interesting....

There's over the air rules for tv that if a channel can be received over the air that the cable co's have to carry it. I'm not sure how that would work in terms of with HD...I just got HD for cable and there's maybe a half dozen or so channels I don't yet get (nbc weather plus, The tube, another weather one on a fox channel, a doppler radar, and a few of the extra pax stations..imho it isn't that much but I think a few of those will show up eventually)

Still nothing in Panama City, Fl with Comcast. Only 13 HD channels and nothing new since TNT-HD in March '05. We're a 750Mhz system but seem to be just stuck. No ESPN2HD, UHD, MHD, A&E-HD, NatGeo-HD, VS-HD, Nada!

Meanwhile, Knology has ESPN2HD, UHD, HDnet, HDnet Movies as well as Boomerang, ESPNU, CSTV, Fox Regionals, Tennis, Fuel, Bloomberg, Hallmark Movie, Oxygen, WE & Ovation in SD.

Oh yeah, Comcast did give me a monthly $5.23 price increase! Thanks (for nothing) Comcast!

Still nothing new here in South Jersey... then, again, it took them more than a year to get us TNT-HD after my friends 15 miles away in Philly had it.

Read that West Michigan will be getting VS and Fox Sports Detroit HD later this week! Channel 201 for Fox Sports.. Can't wait as the SD version is by far the worse channel to watch..

Golf/VS HD showed up in the guide last night, although I couldn't tune to the channel. I kept getting a message saying I wasn't authorized to view it. Hmm... This is going to be part of the standard HD lineup and not part of the sports pack, right?

Golf/VS HD showed up in the guide last night, although I couldn't tune to the channel. I kept getting a message saying I wasn't authorized to view it. Hmm... This is going to be part of the standard HD lineup and not part of the sports pack, right?

Sometimes they set it up but they are not ready to turn it on yet. Give it a day or so.

Comcast here in Laplace LA is getting ready t o drop HDNET and HDNET MOVIES.. AHHHHHHHHH I like the two channles.. It is time to drop Comcast like a hot potato.. Does anyone here using COMCAST get any HDNET channels??

Check out this article, i'm sure this will get your blood boiling...

Comcast: 'We're Not Worried About DIRECTV HDTV'
http://www.tvpredictions.com/burke020107.htm

Here is a snippet:
--------------------
The cable operator now offers less than 20 national high-def networks in most markets. But Burke told Wall Street analysts that Comcast will not try to match DIRECTV's HD lineup which is expected to include a large number of variety channels.

"We're not going to radically change our game plan," he said in an investors conference call. "We think we offer a superior HD experience."

Burke instead said Comcast will focus more on high-def movies, sports and local channels, which he said are most popular among his subscribers.
----------------------

When will Comcast wake up? They obviously don't get the fact that HD is here to stay and "I want my HDTV" is what people are saying!

Grrrrrr...

-t

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts