SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
Good goin directv, cdusa taking up bandwidth on 3 sd channels

101 334 and 800 on the r15,

we have 3 or more ppv preview channels

we have 3 or more sport schedule channels

reduce it to 1 each and have bandwidth for 8 new sd channels

whay the waste and multyplying useless previe channels all over the dial ?

Last edited:
moqz1001 said:

Actually, there are only 2 channels used for CDUSA. One for SD and one for HD. They just map them to different channel numbers on the guide. Just like Channel 70 and 509, on the guide, are shown as HBO-HD, but both are linked in the program guide, to only one channel on DirecTV-5 satellite.

lou_do said:
Actually, there are only 2 channels used for CDUSA. One for SD and one for HD. They just map them to different channel numbers on the guide. Just like Channel 70 and 509, on the guide, are shown as HBO-HD, but both are linked in the program guide, to only one channel on DirecTV-5 satellite.

what good reason/rational reason do we need cdus beamed on 3 sd channels at the same time ? stop the waste of sending/mapping channels to multiple locations, stop the clutter

and also which channel is the hd version of cd usa on? if it is 800 then why am i seeing that channel on an sd reciever

Last edited:
moqz1001 said:
what good reason/rational reason do we need cdus beamed on 3 sd channels at the same time ? stop the waste of sending/mapping channels to multiple locations, stop the clutter

and also which channel is the hd version of cd usa on? if it is 800 then why am i seeing that channel on an sd reciever

I know last night I was seeing CDUSA on two channels in the 90's plus 101. Not sure why they were doing that. But, no matter how many places they map it to, it only uses one channel, on the satellite.

I think that soon D* will have to re-align all of its channels as it is running out of space for HD numbers and some of their programing is getting mixed up. I never could figure out why they have all their News programing in the 350's and CNN & Headline news are in the low 200's. Or all sports programing in in the 600's and the ESPN's are in the low 200's. It would make more sense to keep them together.

lou_do said:
I never could figure out why they have all their News programing in the 350's and CNN & Headline news are in the low 200's. Or all sports programing in in the 600's and the ESPN's are in the low 200's. It would make more sense to keep them together.
Old School. Back in 1994 when D* started, ESPN and CNN were the only games in town respectively. As such, they contratually required that they be carried on low numbers, the theory being a viewer will start surfing at the bottom and they wanted first crack.

herdfan said:
Old School. Back in 1994 when D* started, ESPN and CNN were the only games in town respectively. As such, they contratually required that they be carried on low numbers, the theory being a viewer will start surfing at the bottom and they wanted first crack.

I figured it was something like that.

moqz1001 said:

Last night i had some unusual problems when tuning to one one those channels. Whenever I tuned to channel 96 (I think), My H10 would lose the signal for all satellites. I had to unplug the unit and plug it back in in order for the satellites to return. Anyone else have that happen?

The searching signal on the channels in the 90's has been going on for a couple of days now. I would imagine it has to do with the fact that they changed a few things when they added TNT-HD.

CoachGibbs said:
The searching signal on the channels in the 90's has been going on for a couple of days now. I would imagine it has to do with the fact that they changed a few things when they added TNT-HD.

Ive never watched "cdusa" :rolleyes: probably never will. Total waste of bandwidth. What's even more ridiculous are the PQ problems frequently seen on TNTHD. D* has suceeded in destroying all of the HD it carries. But hey, look at it this way, they dont need to worry about downrezzing the component feeds. They are doing it over all cables!!!!!!!!!!! from the head end. Welcome to D*... your worry free copy protection provider. LMAO

Last edited:
As much as we all want the best available picture, even if D*, E* or the cable systems were to deliver 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, most of the HDTV sets, owned by consumers, couldn't take advantage of it. Yes, the some of the newer ones are coming out with the capability of receive 1920 x 1080, but the vast majority of the ones out there today have a max resolution of 1080i.

I think the providers feel that currently it would be a waste of bandwidth to send their signals out at 1920, for such a few customers. I believe they will go to higher resolutions, as more 1920 x 1080 TV sets are available and they have more available bandwidth, on their satellites. They will eventually be forced to it, as customers that want high end HD, will go for the company that offers the best picture.

On Sunday night the PG said Celtics-Lakers HD on 96 and 97. If you tuned to 96 it said channel not available. Same last night with 94. The Nets were home and on YES and that usually means an HD game, when I tuned to 94 it said channel not available.

bgilga said:
On Sunday night the PG said Celtics-Lakers HD on 96 and 97. If you tuned to 96 it said channel not available. Same last night with 94. The Nets were home and on YES and that usually means an HD game, when I tuned to 94 it said channel not available.

Are you using an HDMI connection with an H20? If not, that may be why. Sometimes I will get a screen that says not available without HDMI connection, or something like that. I do not think that happened before the last software update. I use both the HDMI and component outputs, feeding different televisions. The component will not display until I turn on the HDMI television! Very weird, eh?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)