Going from iPhone's to androids

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
My wife and I have been iphone users for awhile now and I'm on Android now and my wife will be soon. Mainly because the iPhone doesn't have WiFi calling on it. T-mobile offers it. In order to get it we have to have Android phones. She doesn't like large phones and wants a good battery and camera on the phone? What phones with T-mobile are good choices? What are some tips for Android?

Wife has iphone5 and I have 2+ year old Android Thunderbolt. Main reason I will continue with my Thunderbolt is it has a user swappable battery and my latest batteries get 48+ hours with 6 hrs of use time typical. My wife recharges her iphone daily. I can also swap out the SD card for expanded memory. Wife is stuck with 16Gb iphone.
Wife also uses facetime with family quite a bit now and video calls are more difficult but possible with the Thunderbolt. Facetime is quick and effortless.

While I believe her iphone has a superior camera quality everything else we do is about equal.

I have never considered the wifi calling. I don't understand the advantage. Can you explain why you desire wifi calling? It can't be to save minutes since verizon is unlimited minutes on voice and text calls.

I have never considered the wifi calling. I don't understand the advantage. Can you explain why you desire wifi calling? It can't be to save minutes since verizon is unlimited minutes on voice and text calls.

One reason to want WiFi calling is if you have poor cell service in your home. I had to connect a $250 verizon network extender to my broadband router due to lack of service in my new house. If verizon offered wifi calling like tmobile does it would have been much easier and cheaper for me.

I also have a friend who used tmobile wifi calling in the past internationally to make free calls. Also, I have unlimited minutes from Verizon but not everyone does on Verizon or other providers. If you are connected to UMA instead of cellular and it saves you minutes that can be valuable for some people.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I use a free google voice number with talkatone app when I dont have cell service. Talkatone makes and receives calls and texts. It runs on droid and iOS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)