Good Books

Picked up a couple recently, Plato's Republic ( long read, get some coffee or Irish breakfast tea ) H.G. Wells Outline Of History 1942, Rudyard Kipling's Barracks Room Ballads 1892 ( small book meant for the pocket ) and a 1921 Funk & Wagnall's New Standard Dictionary Of The English Language, ( odd book to get considering that it weighs 22lbs but it has words that are no longer found in modern dictionaries plus there are hand drawn pictures and steel plate engraved pictures and hand colored pictures in it that you cant find in a modern dictionary )

Been reading up a storm; just finished Harlan Coben's newest stand-alone thriller, Caught. I liked it, but it was a bit too short - I wanted more! Also read two historical books: Hugh Ambrose' The Pacific, and Terry Brighton's Patton, Montgomery, Rommel: Masters of War. Both excellent books about WW2.

Currently reading Faraday Road, which I got for free on the Kindle, another bio of Patton, and listening to Shoesel's Supreme Power, on the Supreme Court. I have books going on the kindle, and via audible.com on my ipod. Keeps me busy. :)

Waiting for the final Steig Larsson book. Only a few more weeks to go!

I loved The Shack also!! Another good one I read recently was "The Dark Tide" by Andrew Gross. Tiger you should check this one out, because I know you like James Patterson. This man co-wrote several of Patterson's books.

Checked The Dark Tide out, read it in six hours, so it was good.:D Now I have to go back and get something else.:D

Checked out Fantasy In Death by JD Robb. I love the "In Death" series by Robb. It's actually written by Nora Roberts who is one of my very favorite authors. I kind of wish they would make these books into movies or something.

The Innocent and Hold Tight by Harlan Coben. I've never read anything by him, so hopefully I like his style. I remembered Rocky mentioning his name in here. I just started The Innocent, so far it's pretty good.

Knock Out by Catherine Coulter. I like her FBI Thriller books, and this is the newest one that I haven't read yet.

I bought The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. Going to start it tonight after I finish The Boy Who Dared, a novel based on the true story of a Hitler Youth.

Then after that, I have a few more I checked out from the library, but I don't remember the titles and I don't feel like going to get them right this second. :D

I bought The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. Going to start it tonight after I finish The Boy Who Dared, a novel based on the true story of a Hitler Youth.

Then after that, I have a few more I checked out from the library, but I don't remember the titles and I don't feel like going to get them right this second. :D

I just finished The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. A great book; an amazing trilogy; but it is so bittersweet. I want more stories of Lisbeth Salander, and there won't be any more. :(

The third book really is just the conclusion of the second book's story, but a great read.

Checked out Fantasy In Death by JD Robb. I love the "In Death" series by Robb. It's actually written by Nora Roberts who is one of my very favorite authors. I kind of wish they would make these books into movies or something.

The Innocent and Hold Tight by Harlan Coben. I've never read anything by him, so hopefully I like his style. I remembered Rocky mentioning his name in here. I just started The Innocent, so far it's pretty good.

Knock Out by Catherine Coulter. I like her FBI Thriller books, and this is the newest one that I haven't read yet.

Harlan's books are great. I read his latest, Caught, a month ago. He is an amazing author. Get The Woods; and then introduce yourself to Myron Bolitar and Winn; his sports-agent series. A lot of fun.

Now that I finished Larsson, I will return to the second half of Chris Bohjalian's Secrets of Eden, which I started earlier this month.

I just finished The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. A great book; an amazing trilogy; but it is so bittersweet. I want more stories of Lisbeth Salander, and there won't be any more. :(

The third book really is just the conclusion of the second book's story, but a great read.
Yes, it was a great book. I will probably read these over and over again because they are so good. I wish there were going to be more Lisbeth as well as Mikael. I like how it ended, though I was worried that it wasn't going to be a good conclusion because she went to the abandoned building and found that Russian passport. I thought, there are only a few pages left, there's no way this ends all wrapped up tight. But it did, thankfully. I would like to see these as movies someday.

There is a swedish movie of the girl with a dragon tattoo out on dvd. I read a story about it online in the washington post. I'll definitely be looking for it, to order or rent for sure. The post said that hollywood is also probably going to make movies too, but it gave a high recommendation for the swedish version. I'll try to remember to post a link tomorrow when I'm on my laptop. And please excuse the terrible gramatical errors I'm making as I'm typing this on my droid and I still kinda suck at typing on it...

I should be getting the BR in the mail today. This should be good. The book was amazing. I'm reading the second right now and have number three on my Kindle as well. By the by, I think I saw a spoiler in one of the above posts. I jumped away from it as soon as I saw it. Please don't assume everyone has read the books yet.

I should be getting the BR in the mail today. This should be good. The book was amazing. I'm reading the second right now and have number three on my Kindle as well. By the by, I think I saw a spoiler in one of the above posts. I jumped away from it as soon as I saw it. Please don't assume everyone has read the books yet.
Sorry, my bad!

Hey Tiger, the 4th book in the Immortals Series came out a couple of weeks ago. It was my favorite yet! Title is "The Dark Flame". If your library doesn't have it yet, tell them to get it! The fifth book will be coming out this winter. I am hooked on this series, it just keeps getting better!

I might just buy it online and send it to my phone since I got the kindle app for android. That would be cool.

I've been reading a variety of things, mostly because I'm doing the summer program for 4 kids at our library. 2 of them can read (my nieces) and my two can't obviously. I read the first of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. It's a very odd series, definitely not typical for a children's book. The kids didn't like the first one, so I don't have to read them out loud anymore and they only take me about an hour or two a book, so I'm finishing the series. I only have 12 and 13 left. Then I have Harlan Coben's Caught to read. I've been putting it off until I finish the Lemony Snicket's; I'm totally ready for something adult to read.

Started Caught last night and just finished it. It was a great book!

I have two books left to read, one is The Magician {The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel} by Michael Scott. I thought it may be connected to the Harry Potter series, but I don't think it is after reading the first couple of pages. The second book is Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer. I only picked it up because the cover caught my eye.

I downloaded the preview of Dark Flame and read it. I'll probably buy it on Friday if my library doesn't have it. I read some reviews of it, and man, people can be harsh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)